Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am just gonna whine for a little bit so sorry in advance. My husband and I went to my childrens school yesterday because my sons class was having a halloween party. I am room mom so the other room mom and myself were running the party. Anyway, when my husband and I were going through the office there was a boy in the nurses office throwing up and the nurse was just sitting on the bed with him talking away like it was no big deal, can't understand that, but when I got to the classroom the other room mom said oh Prestons mom wasgonna help but his big brother has been in the office throwing up and he looks so sick!! So of coarse the whole party I was watching my son hoping that he wasn't near Preston. I know it is crazy, but it's what I do best, being a crazy paranoid person. Other people would have been totally okay with it. Oh what I wouldn't give to be like that.Thanks for listening. ~Brandi~

Oh I know what you mean..i dont have kids...but i went with my mom and
    her daycare to my nephews school to see the kids parade and
    festival...soo many kids...its so scary. seriously. I couldn't make
    myself stay for the in classroom party...just too risky for me...its
    hard enough for me to be around my nephew hes 6....but i hope your sons
    okay...was it fun? did he have fun?
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi there!!

I hate this time of year too....everytime I drop my son off at school one of the other moms has some illness story she just HAS to share with me. They're always so nonchalant about it too and that irritates me as well. Also, my older sister is a nurse and she is constantly telling me exactly what viruses are going around--god, I get so mad when she does that!! Last month when my son had a bad tummy ache she immediately went into her "there's a v* virus going around" story and told me it was probably that (it wasn't!). I totally wanted to strangle her. As if I wasn't panicked enough!!!
    I know I shouldn't be so nasty about people telling me about v*ing, but I can't help it. I don't want to know!!

the thing is it isnt just this time of year sv's are an all year round thing thewy come at any time of year rain or sun there always around us [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The party did turn out really good and I am so happy that my son had a good time. I know viruses are around all year but going back after summer vacation is always hard cause you hear about it so much more. Sometimes I wish I could live in a bubble with my family and friends!!