Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just feel I need to report what's just happened! My daughter woke 45 mins ago and v*. I thought - hoped - it might have been a one-off, as she does this from time to time, but she has just done it again for a second time. Doesn't sound good eh?

How old is she???

Did she have a lot of Halloween candy???

Did she eat anything that she is not used to???

Don't worry now...Don't worry...I am sure it's just a typical kid thing.

Hi Kasey, she's 5 and yes, she probably has eaten a bit more junk than usual tonight. **GRAPHIC** she brought up stuff that was virtually solid, so it's like something didn't settle well - it wasn't like the usual v* (sorry if TMI!).

I'm handling it all OK I suppose, though I wish it hadn't happened twice in 45 mins, as that to me sounds more like something nasty!

Oh thanks for the graphic warning, but that doesn't bother me at all...I can easily talk about v* and even watch movies with it...I just can't do it

I am SURE that she just ate lots of junk...and like you said, something was solid and clearly didn't settle well...

I wouldn't fear at all...not even because she did it twice...don't panic...I am sure that she will go to sleep and wake up ready to go, jumping up and down and all

No worries though...None at all!!!

Oh man, it just happened again, 3rd time in 90 mins - this is more than something not settling. She's so brave though!

Thanks for your support Kasey

OK...well she is young and this happens A LOT to young kids...

You really are impressing me girl...really! Stay strong and stay stress-free.

You know how to handle this situation and you will be fine...

I hope your baby feels better and I hope you remain strong!

I hope she is okay...And that you are okay...it still seems weird whats
    going on with her...maybe its just tummy upset...does she v* easy??
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good job suze, you are so brave!

Hi there, she does v* easily but it's been 4 times in the last 2 hours so it sounds like something viral to me. Why at night? It's almost 4am here and I haven't slept a wink!

Not sure about the brave bit - got no choice!!!Edited by: suze

Hi there!!

Oh, I'm so sorry your daughter isn't feeling well!!! You seem so calm too--I wish I had your strength. When my son v*s I'm a complete wreck.
    Stay strong over there and I hope she feels better soon!!
    Take care!!!

Thanks everyone, I think I've hit the acceptance stage of this and I'm just getting on with it. No doubt I'll worry later about getting it myself! It's now happened 5 times!

I'm sorry you are going through this but you are handling it well!!

I don't know if it's an sv, but that sounds pretty extreme...5 times in a few hours. That reminds me of the time my best friend had fp.

I'm so sorry, Suze! You are handling it very well! I hope your daughter feels better soon!

Hey Suze- Sorry you're having a rough go!

I'm on MSN if you want a chat or some distraction- lol, have some funny stories for ya.

If the food wasn't digested, it sounds like something she ate. I know that when I had food poisoning, when I vomitting what wasn't digested ended up being the culprit. It's almost like my body couldn't digest it, so it just evicted it. Think of the stomach as being some ginormous bouncer at a nightclub kicking people out for excessive rowdiness. But, you can't just kick that one person out, you have to get rid of the WHOOOLE group.

I hope Libby feels better soon!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Suze - sorry to hear this news. You've done it before and you can do it again - you are are strong and you'll get through it. You know my addy if you need me. I'll be thinking of you. Love Tx

how is she now ?

Oh no, I am so sorry you are going through this. How is your daughter now? You are being very strong and coping so well. I hope your little girl is feeling better now and that you are alright.

Thank you all for your words of support. My poor little baby is now into her 7th hour of v*, I've lost count of how many times it's happened, but it's sometimes every half hour. It's really hurtung her now because she's so empty.

I have no idea what has caused this. She has no d* and no fever and hasn't eaten anything unusual. She's also on half term so has not been around many other kids.

I've coped well but am exhausted as it has gone on all night. My mum is going to look after her for a few hours as I have 3 hours of classes this morning - not looking forward to it but I'm going to have to drag myself into work.

Anyway, thanks again, I'll keep you all updated, but please keep your fingers crossed that it stops soon!

Oh no, your poor daughter, that is awful. But congratulations on handling the situation so well, you are very brave! I just wondered if you fear yourself v* more than other people? Or do you think you are handling it ok because she is your daughter and she needs you? Hope she feels better soon xx
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm

Just found this thread....noooooooo!!! Hope your daughter is feeling much better and that you are ok.

OK, time for an update - she has been v* free for almost four hours and has kept down an ice cube and some flat coke. She's now doing some colouring, bless her! I think we're over the worst of it but I know what she's like, she v* easily, so there might be a bit more later. I think overall she v* around 16 times!

Missminty - yeah, I fear myself more than others, but obviously if those 'others' have something I can catch, then I fear them too - lol!! I can cope with my children, mostly because I have to! It's been good for me though because I know I can cope now - before I split from my husband I'd have run a mile!

Obviously I'm very on edge now thinking that I will get this, that's the worst bit for me. It's going to be a tough few days. I tried to clean as much as I could, but when you're alone and have little one who's clingy and throwing up every 20 mins, it's hard to be as diligent as you should be. Oh well, time will tell!

Thank you all so much though. It really makes me stronger knowing there are people out there who really understand just how hard this is.

I am glad to hear that the v* has stopped and that your daughter is feeling a little better. So severely and so many times really make me think of fp though, and not a random sv.

I'm late finding this post, but just wanted to say that I am soooo sorry that you and your little one had to go through this. You are a true champ. What a great mom you are. How is she feeling now?
    \"This too shall pass\"

Suze-

You are truly an inspiration! You seem to exude a calmness about you in your posts! I am soo sorry that you had to endure such a night. Just remember to try to rest yourself when you can and try to keep your immunities up.

Take care! I hope that your little lady is feeling much better today!

Julie

I am so glad the V* stopped...You are an amazing woman hon!!

just clean up good...lysol EVERYTHING and wash her toys, bedding and throw her stuffed animals and pillows on the dryer to kill the germs.

(((HUGS)))))

you did great!
    This is Katsamsmom....and i am no longer able to access that account

Email me

suze-Im glad she is some better now!!!! I hope that she continues to improve and the you and the rest of your family remain well!!!!

Keep us posted!

I hope you stay well, and your daughter is better
    I love Sam

Flippin heck Suze!!!, Good job on getting through it and I hope your daughter is doing much better now!

Hope you are feelng ok as well from lack of sleep!

Take Care
    x

Oh Suze I just found this thread! I'm soo sorry you and your daughter had a rough night! You did great! You should reward yourself for being so brave...I woulda run outta there screaming! GOOD ON YOU!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥