Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay I've been online chatting with a friend tonight who lives in NJ and she said that she just puked, and I don't know WHY this is making me nervous but now I feel like I might puke! I'm like freaking myself out right now! I mean I know I couldn't have caught anything from her....I'm not stupid....but why can't I just calm down and stop panicking? I need to talk....I gotta get over this! Anyone out there?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Hi there!!

I know how you feel.....anytime a friend or relative (even if they're far away) tells me they've been v*ing I start feeling panicky and n*. I absolutely hate people telling me about their illnesses!! I'd rather not know at all.
    Try to relax a bit--just because your friend's been ill does not in ANY way mean that you will be too. Not to mention, there could be a number of reasons she got s*ck, and not all of them are because of a virus. She could have eaten something disagreeable or bad and so forth. You're only feeling n* because of your friend---I think it's one of the wonderful tricks our emet minds play on us. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    I know it's hard, but try to do something that will get your mind off of your friend v*ing. A hot bath and scary movie always does the trick for me. And maybe some Benadryl if I'm really feeling panicky!!
    Relax, I'm sure you are fine!!!
    Hope this helps!!!

Thanks, I turned on the TV and my favorite ep of Seinfeld is on and that's helping me out A LOT. I don't know why I panicked but I do feel a little better now, I'm trying to work on a story that I've been writing, but maybe I'll just put on a funny movie....Thanks again!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I know how you feel. My mom was sick a few weeks ago. She lives in NY. I live in CA and I was still freaked out! I think it's because I knew IT was going around, which meant it could be around me too.

I know what you mean. I freak when I hear of a friend or family member getting sick, even if they are miles and miles away.

Hey Monica- if it makes you feel better, when I was in the bathroom on campus on Halloween (i left in the middle of the class i TA because I REALLY had to go), some woman (well, I am assuming she is, considering it was a woman's bathroom), comes in to the stall next to mine, and proceeds to vomit loudly. I friggen RAN out of there, my leggings and skirt still around my ankles- I managed to pull them up as I was getting out the door. To make matters even better, one of the other TA's met me in the hall with my bag- apparently my cell phone went off in the middle of class, and very loudly sang the ghostbusters theme. So, not only did the class nearly see their TA with her pants down (lol- was still pulling the damned things up outside the class door), but her cell went off in the middle of class. Wonderful.

LOL- not really sure where I am going with this, but hopefully it cheered you up

PS- Just keep reminding yourself that what is a few states away can't hurt you- or even affect you really. And to DISTRACT yourself by doing something fun to get your mind off things!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.