Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK meet

Me and someone from the forums (I forget her name, I hope she won't mind, I did tell her I was kinda forgetful) were talking about how it would be cool to have a meetup for members in the UK sometime. I read the other thread in this about the midlands meetup and someone said it there should be something for us to jus meetup and jus chill, and have fun, not emet related.

So I figure why not that? Why not havea meetup someplace? I mean, if enough people are interested, i'm pretty sure it can be arranged.

Thoughts? Opinions?

i agree very strongly. it should be great.

infact, Neha, Missgoddess, Hippychick, John, Sarah (i hope i hvent forgotten anyone) were all talking about it yesterday in the chat room and i think a lot of ppl wud be interested!

it would probably take ages to arrange, and i hope its not gnna be hard for neone to come (unfortunately i dont drive yet so im hoping its nt gnna be too far away). but yeah,thoughts from anyone else?

Jen xxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah I think that would be a really good idea.

I know its gonna be really difficult to organise something like that cos obviously everyones free./busy at different times etc but I'm pretty easygoing so if anyone organises anything keep me posted!!

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Fae Kat!!! =sweetie darling luvvie mwah mwah mwah=

\"Nay faith, let me not play a woman, I have a beard coming.\" Flute, A Midsummer Nights Dream, Shakespeare

!!$H!nY hApPy K!tTy!! =^..^=

Great idea.... I went to the last midlands meet in 2000 which was great fun... so I am always about... just the organising if someone has the time to do it...

When I\'m not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded.

Sorry guys would love to go but as i'm agrophobic and live in plymouth unfortunetley wont be able to make it but i think it's a great idea and if i was in the position to get out then i wouldn't hesitate.It's great to meet in person and put a face to a name.Hope u can arrange something.take care vicky x

Ace, tell us more about the last one? what did ya do n where did ya meet n stuff?

If we dont get it together for a few months, I should b driving, too... Im gettin my car at the end of the week, but no licence yet neway, I cud maybe pick ppl up if they were near me ish. I'll be in the northwest by then.

wow that would be great. I didnt go to the midlands one casue I live in london and was only 11 at the time. Sounds great!!

We might have to have 2 meetups tho. One for the north and one for the south. hmmm depends how everyone is with travelling. I'm ok at 2 hours on the train. urm... hmm we' have to think about that. I'm in london

London rocks. itd be a s*** place for a meetup tho probly with crowds n tubes n bad traffic n everythin. Hmm.. I guess we need a place somewhere in the midlands.. or are more ppl who wanna do this from down south?

I live down in the south, but can probably train it to the midlands if neccessary. As for the organising, I have plenty of time on my hands right now, so if anyone needs some help organising or whatever, give me a shout!Edited by: insomniac

The last meet was in Birmingham (must actually put the photo onsome where)as it was close to the motorway so ppl could get to it easy with trains and stuff like that.... then again motorway and stuff are anywhere.Just that Brimingham was in the middle coming down from the north or coming up from the south.

Things though you have to consider... where to meet up. Some ppl don't like pubs, some ppl don't like crowded place's and so on.... It was a tough decision on where to go but one of us managed to get a converance room in a posh hotel. A couple stayed over the night as well. We all contributed some money toward the converance room. Unfortunately some ppl did not turn up who said they were going due to one reason and another as most of you know it depends on how you feel on the day as well..... the person who organised it all lost some money...

It is quite hard I think organising to suit everyone's needs. I would suggest that we put our names down all who wants to meet up and next to our names wether we would travel or not. We couldtake it from there and see what happens. lol... think most of you have done that already..... Any suggestions on what sort of place to meet up??...

i live in weston super mare - south of bristol - wanna come down to the seaside!!??

i dont mind guys - im fine with travelling and i drive - im pretty flexible and never have anything amazing planned - oh except week days are out coz iwork!! londons fine - or midlands.

I live in scotland [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

However I'd be prepared to travel around!! Need a wee holiday!! Edinburgh's cool though! We could hang out in the castle!!

\"Nay faith, let me not play a woman, I have a beard coming.\" Flute, A Midsummer Nights Dream, Shakespeare

Ilive 20 miles outside of london. I wont put my name down yet untill we know whats goign on and where we're going to meet etc.

I live in Leeds- you can put my name down, and I'll travel anywhere! I could also offer a lift to anybody on my route, or I could meet anybody who wants to travel by train but is nervous to do so on their own. I have no problems travelling other than worrying about the state of other people's tummies - not a worry when travelling with an emet!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Jill xxx

Quote Originally Posted by ejb199

i live in weston super mare - south of bristol - wanna come down to the seaside!!??

Heh, I live in Bristol, so that would way easy for me to get to, say by train or something. Others may find it harder to get too though.

Maybe what we should is everybody post there location, nuthin specific, just say your location and any way youare able totravel, then we can work out a good place to meet.

So for me it would be:

Bristol - Train

I'll be visiting the UK the first two weeks of August (right Lizzie?), so maybe we could do it then? I'd love to come!!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

August sounds gud, cuz ppl will be on holiday from skool/college n itll probly be decent weather too.. Yea, s'a good idea about puttin down where we are, n whether we can travel. Im gonna be in Lancaster by then, n I may even be driving... if not Im fine to go ne distance on the train.

Well if it could be in August then Mary could join us...!!... I am by the way Leicestershire and will drive so does not matter where....

Leicester - Car

And, I'll be riding with her!!

Mary

how about sumwhere like birmingham, nottingham, manchester, liverpool cuz they r nice cities and quite easy 2 get 2 by train

That is a very good suggestion. They are big cities and easy access but looks like some are more from south way.... I don't mind and I knowMary won't mindgoing to the beach...

Edited by: Lizzie

Me? Mind the beach?? No way!! I can't wait.....oh, and that reminds me, I am going to look at fares right now!!

Mary

Scampi, i am in york so not too far from you. Not many northerners on here i think tho</font>
    Rachel
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Laughing is good exercise, it\'s like jogging on the inside!!!

Meh, Im a northerner. At least now Ive moved I am

I'm a southerner/londoner person!!!

I am in Staffordshire
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

im in staffs too

Leicestershire I am... not far from Staffs I guess...