Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Oh my. Well, I woke up at 6 am, took hubby to work, then went grocery shopping. I was feeling pretty good: full face of makeup, pretty clothes, etc. Well, first, my electric seat in my car decided to stop working, so now I cant raise the butt part of the seat! A damn $60,000 car and the seat breaks! THEN, I get to the grocery store, flirt with the produce guy Alan like I do every week, trying to feel good again, THEN, a lady walks down the soup aisle with a boy about 8 years old, who was wearing pajamas. The mom had a basket thingy full of gatorade and then she got some soup. Well, in an emet's mind, this means sv*. So, there were 2 check-outs open, one was 10 items or less and the other was regular. I checked to see what checkout that lady would use, and could she use the 10 items or less one?? No! Then, a guy goes through the line, buying only Pedialyte. Could he go through the express line? No. I had a full cart of groceries, so I was forced to go through the same line they did. I stalled for an hour in the store, to see if another checkout would open up--no luck.. Alan walked by me and said, "you're STILL here?". I was polite, laughed and said "yeh", rather than tell him that I'm a paranoid dork!

Anyways, I was convinced that the lady and guy's germs were on their items, then the germs were transferred to MY items, via the checker's now soiled hands. So, I went home, filled my kitchen sink with lysol, 409, and water and proceeded to wipe down all 10 bags worth of my item down with a cloth dipped into that cleaner water! Would anyone else have done this also??

Oh, and THEN, I noticed that my dog decided to have a poop-fest in the living room so I cleaned it up and flushed the poop and paper towels down the toilet, then the toilet clogged! Had to unglog toilet very carefully as to not splash icky poop water on my pretty clothes!!

So, now I am exhausted and paranoid! Please tell me I'm not crazy????
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I have sooo done the same thing...I had a cashier tell his coworker how
    he had been v* al night, and then was ringing up m groceries, and I
    FLIPPED OUT... and wiped down all the food i could..it totally freaked
    me out...but we were safe...i hope your okay
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Ruby---

I feel much better now that I have cleansed all of my stuff LOL
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I say if it makes you feel less concerned do it. My mom always tells me
    to clean when Im nervous or anxious about being sick to make me feel
    better...and it does...im not sure why.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, it definitely does! When I had the sink full of cleaner water, I wiped down my whole kitchen, including the appliances! I love the smell and look of CLEAN.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Me too. I think I clean the house like a deep cleaning once a week or twice, and light cleaning every day.
    I love Sam

Yes--that way messes don't pile up -- you've got the right idea!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Hi there!!

Sounds like you're definitely having one of those days!! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]
    And yes, I would've done the exact same thing. I always check out people's items when I'm standing n the checkout line. I remember years ago at the store when there was a guy in front of me buying only Pepto Bismol. The checkout lady asked him if he didn't feel well (maybe she was emet!!) and he said he felt awful--n* and a tummy ache. Well, I pretended I forgot something and got out of there fast. In fact, I even left my stuff and went to a different store!! When I got home I scrubbed every exposed part of my body raw.
    So you're definitely not the only one!
    Hope you're day is going well now!!

Quote Originally Posted by christianne
    Hi there!!

Sounds like you're definitely having one of those days!! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]
    And yes, I would've done the exact same thing. I always check out people's items when I'm standing n the checkout line. I remember years ago at the store when there was a guy in front of me buying only Pepto Bismol. The checkout lady asked him if he didn't feel well (maybe she was emet!!) and he said he felt awful--n* and a tummy ache. Well, I pretended I forgot something and got out of there fast. In fact, I even left my stuff and went to a different store!! When I got home I scrubbed every exposed part of my body raw.
    So you're definitely not the only one!
    Hope you're day is going well now!!

OMG---- I've done that too!!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

That sounds like one disaster after another!! What a bad day. I would have done exactly the same thing with the groceries. I remember when I used to work as a checkout chick, and I was always SO paranoid abouthow dirty my hands must be, and all the sick people that would have touched groceries that I had to scan... Eww. So now on the opposite side- when someone's scanning my groceries, I'm always worried about how dirty their hands are, and who went in line before me...

Eww right now I can hear the woman next door being sick! Argh! She's preggo though, but still- yuck. *turns the volume on the tv up* Sorry for going off on a tangent,it was an unwantedsuprise lol

Anyway, back to your day... at least you looked gorgeous, and got to flirt abit lol I hope your toilet works now, and your carpet doesn't stain, and your car's easy to fix... Man, you poor huni! That's just not fair for so much to stuff up on one day! Go take a hot bath and relax abit!

Quote Originally Posted by glitta_fairy

That sounds like one disaster after another!! What a bad day. I would have done exactly the same thing with the groceries. I remember when I used to work as a checkout chick, and I was always SO paranoid abouthow dirty my hands must be, and all the sick people that would have touched groceries that I had to scan... Eww. So now on the opposite side- when someone's scanning my groceries, I'm always worried about how dirty their hands are, and who went in line before me...

Eww right now I can hear the woman next door being sick! Argh! She's preggo though, but still- yuck. *turns the volume on the tv up* Sorry for going off on a tangent,it was an unwantedsuprise lol

Anyway, back to your day... at least you looked gorgeous, and got to flirt abit lol I hope your toilet works now, and your carpet doesn't stain, and your car's easy to fix... Man, you poor huni! That's just not fair for so much to stuff up on one day! Go take a hot bath and relax abit!

LOL~~~~ Yeh, well, now my stepson just clogged the damn toilet! I asked him if the poop went down at least, he said yeh, so I need to go unclog again! I have carpet cleaner stuff, which I use alot since I have a 6-mo. old chihuahua baby (luckily it was unstaining hard poop), the car will be a pain in the butt! It's an electrical issue, no warranty, and a foreign car! LOL-- yeh I did get to flirt with my produce buddy Alan--that IS fun, considering he's half my age!!

A hot bath sounds nice---I think I will do that tonight!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

You are not crazy!! I'm always checking out other people's items in the store, and wondering who has recently v*.
    Sorry you had such a bad day! I hope the evening goes better![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Sounds like you had quite a day. I know how you feel about the grocery store incident. I remember a very bad experience I once had. I had just unloaded my groceries onto the checkout. There was a customer just in front of me, when suddenly the checkout girl said, "I'm going to be s*". Before I knew it she had v*d everywhere. The other customer was quite concerned asking if she was alright, but I was already walking very quickly in the other direction. It took me about 4 years before I could return to the shop, but even now I try and avoid the shop.

I hope your toilet is o.k. now and that all goes well with your car. Have a better day tomorrow.

THANK YOU DAFFODIL and CURLY WURLY, and everyone--the day has gotten better The toilet is good, the carpet is ok, groceries are sanitized, and I put a big cushion on the seat of my car, then got some nice seat covers that cover the whole seat AND cushion, so it looks and feels normal. YAY
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I used to work in a grocery store, and I would get so stressed out by what kinds of things I rang through. Like when people would buy Gravol or sick stuff.

I would have done the same thing!!

I am literally LMAO!!! What a crappy day! God us emets are a bit crazy I would have done the same thing!!!
    Christi
    *^**^***^****^*****^******^**
    Proud Mommy to Zachary

Thanks Kelly and Christi!!!!

Yeh, emet makes us some pretty unique people, that's for sure! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~