Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

okay, i'm freaking out because i ate at a buffett pizza place and touced the servers and then ate the pizza. I only ate pizza that they just brought out and chose a piece that had not been touced. I'm freaking out that there could have been something on the handle of the pizza server and i didn't wash my hands before i ate. I washed my hands before i got my food, but not after i touced the utensil.

I ate at a buffet yesterday to, and I'm still a little freaked out. I thought about all the people touching the utensils and then eating without washing my hands after serving myslef.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My husband is so supportive he tells me I will be fine and we laugh, but then I still freak out. He told me to get on here and talk to people who go through the same things i do so that you all would make me feel better. I guess it would be okay. I take culterelle religiously during the flu season to help build up good bacteria just to ease my mind. I have IBS as well so after we ate there my stomach starting hurting. That freaks me out too. But i've gotten used to that I guess. I told my husband I didn't want to go but we were meeting his grandparents that he doesn't see often and I felt bad about saying I didn't want to go, so we went.... i ate, my stomach started hurting and now I won't feel at peace until the incubation period has passed. THIS SUX!!

From my experience, getting sick from food and such is pretty quick. It doesn't waste much time so I think if you were gonna get something you would definatly know by now!

I am 99.9% sure that you are gonna be just fine!

LAUREN

If you have IBS it's likely your stomach hurts just from the greesy pizza. Especially if you usually eat a fairly low fat diet, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the fat in the pizza upset you.

Thanks, it's not so much the food i'm worried with... because it was really hot and a well maintained buffet, it's the germs on the untensils i'm scared about

Howver, you guys are great... if only life in general had a support site

Thank you so much

I hate buffets now! I LOVE golden corral and so does my husband, but I am too afraid to eat there...He gets mad at me for it...I am sure you will be fine though hon!

I just ate at a buffet tonight. Golden Corral...I dont know why but it seems like my emetophobia is taking a break...Ive been n* and been totally cool about it. I've been telling myself "Your not going to throw up but if you did it would be ok.". It definatly seems to help.

Hi there!!

I cannot stand buffets--not because of germs but because of people possibly overeating and v*ing. The last time I went to one my niece pigged out and v*ed at the table. Ugh!!! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]
    Still, I'm sure you'll be fine. The utesils have probably been washed and cleaned, and usually people only touch the handle parts. I'm sure your tummy issues are a combination of anxiety and IBS. I don't have IBS, but when I get really anxious my stomach gets very unsettled and it starts to ache or I feel a bit n*.
    Try to relax a bit--you'll be fine!!
    Hope this helps!

Oh man.. Golden Corral... we used to have one of those close to here, man I loved eating at that place as a kid, not for the food, but the ice cream. They had all the toppings and stuff... so yummy. Unfortunately they shut down, I haven't had Golden Corral in probably 15 years.

As for buffets, I eat them all the time, pizza and chinese buffets and I've been ok so far. I do think about all the people that touch the utensils, but our immune systems are amazing things. I like the chinese buffets better because you eat the food with utensils instead of your hands, but I've eaten my share of pizza and breadsticks.

If you guys have a CiCi's pizza... their cinnamon rolls are outstanding.

I think you will be okay. buts a 12-24 hours periods and then you will
    have an at ease mind. So try not to worry. Im sure you will be fine.
    I did that once to prove to an ex-boyfriend i wasn't crazy, I touched
    door handels at the MALL of all places and then ate toast...I flipped
    out inside but i was okay Dont forget we do have immune systems
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.