Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Sincediscovering I was emetophobic almost a year ago, I started using vitamins and immune boosting herbs as a precaution to getting sick. Not only that, but Itake a pro-biotic with acidopholous to improve my digestion. I also have been drinking herbal teas that aid in digestion as well such as peppermint, ginger, and chamomile. In addition, I've been eating fruits that are high in anti-oxidants.

I think that most of my emet-panic attacks are caused fromfeelings of gas and indigestion and I never really get n* but I convince myself that I am.The herbs, and teashelp reduce theindigestion and the panic attacks are less often.

My emet-attacks also seem to be worse in the evenings, when I come home from work. During the day, I'm usually fine because I'm too busy to think about it so I eat my largest and heaviest meals for breakfast and lunch.My dinner is kept light, sometimes I just eat cereal. This time of year I tend to experience more depression due toless light and myemet-panic attacks tend tooccur more often than summer.

I'mthinking about taking up yoga in the evenings. Not only will it keep my mind off of the darkness outside, but it helps alleviate stress which I believe contributes to my emetophobia.Edited by: centipede

Oh yeah i would suggest yoga. I do it atleast once a week and
    afterwords i feel so peaceful and like i wouldn't care if i got sick. It's
    great excersise too.
    good job with the healthy eating. I need to work on that heh heh...
    ~viva~

Hi there!!

I do pilates 3 times a week and love it! Not only did I tone up really quickly, but it's very relaxing and stress reducing. I've never tried just yoga itself, but lately I've been thinking about taking a class as well. They've got this one at the park district complete with new age music and aromatherapy that I'd like to try. It sounds wonderful!
    Good for you for eating healthy!! Gosh, I wish I could but I have this unnatural obsession with Taco Bell....

I feel exactly like you have written and I also do the exact things you do (except for the teas)[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I don't take yoga classes but I train at home on my tariner everyday. I
    feel great while training. I think it's the best part of my day.

You only live once