Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: HELP??

Totally freaked out right now..

Just had dinner, made chicken nuggets, I was juggeling cooking two things at once so I dont know if they were in long enough but it was crispy on the outside and in the middle it felt like tough chicken the way it goes once its cooked I think..

But I left them for aboout 3-4mins before I ate them as I ate my other stuff and it wasnt really that hot at all..

So im now freaked out

Edited by: violet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Were they precooked chicken nuggets? If they were tough, I'm sure they were done, probably a little over done.

They were birds eyes ones I think so they are to be in the oven at 230c for 15 mins, so that makes me think they might be, there in bread crumbs..

Hope they were over cooked

I believe most frozen foods are precooked. I ALWAYS do this to myself after I eat frozen fish, and I'm always fine. Do you feel OK?

If it was hot when it came out of the oven, then it'll be ok to eat cool. I agree with the last post that the chicken nuggets were probably overdone! (something us emets are very guilty of) You'll be fine.

I feel okish at the moment yes and they were pretty brown on the outside, I feel pretty n* at the moment but I cant figure out if its panic or my stomach isnt right

Most likely it is panic. Try to relax, hun.

It's panic. Think of all the times you've felt like this and NOT v*d!

vi you are ok with the nuggets. those are precooked so you have nothing to worry about. drink you some tea or lemon water and that will settle your tummy

(((HUGS)))
    This is Katsamsmom....and i am no longer able to access that account

Email me

My stomach feels upset, I can actually taste them at the moment, and the n* just wont pass

I wish I didnt eat them now!

Maybe you could try to distract yourself. Try checking on the Birdseye website to see if the nuggets are precooked. If you can see for yourself that they are, you'll feel much better. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Ya know, the reason they may have been cool is because they are so small. My husband always takes much larger portions of food than I do, obviously, and my food always gets cold, while his is still piping hot. If they were brown on the outside, being they are so small, even if they weren't precooked, I'm sure they were fine.

Thankx for this!!, I really needed it, I just cant stop the panic and the n*, what makes it worse is im alone and will be for another week yet

I did only eat 3 of them, and i cooked 4 so maybe the size as well yea!

Right, as a mother, from the UK, I'm an absolute expert on Bird's Eye chicken nuggets! Sounds to me like you've cooked them long enough and they really do cool down quite quickly. I know this because when my kids have them, I leave them for a few minutes so they can eat them without burning the roof of their mouths off! Within a few minutes they've cooled enough for them to eat.

You'll be fine Violet, the worry will make you anxious, which will lead to n*, then to panic - the usual emet pattern! Try and distract yourself and it will pass.

You will be fine, it sounds like they were cooked all the way. I get like this to when I cook myself chicken, that's why I don't do it anymore!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Just relax and tell yourself you will be fine!!