Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ack, I had class last night and we were going over the agenda for the night when a girl I sit a few down from announced she was going to have to leave class early because both her husband and toddler were sick. I went into high almost immediately. Caringly, I asked if they were ok. She tells me her husband had woke up in the middle of the night before with an SV and her toddler was just stuffed and feverish. She seemed to feel ok and even was eating on some fast food at the time we talked.

However, I'm scared to DEATH I'm going to catch something. I was feeling ok throughout the day, but just a little bit ago, I started not feeling right...Dizzy and a little nauseous. I'm so scared!!! My throat feels all tight and I can't tell if I'm just anxious or if I'm starting to get sick.

I'm so scared right now that she was carrying something. I worked in her group, next to her, the whole night.

I'm even more scared because I just ate and I don't want to v*.

PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELPEdited by: melissarene

Oh, please, someone say something....I feel so dizzy.

aww dont worry. You will probably be fine. Whenever me, mymom, or my dad have been sick w/ a sv*, none of us have ever caught it from eachother. We were obviously int he same house when this was happening, and we obviously breathed int he same air, and we didn't catch anything. Also, especially for us emets, we dont get sick w/ sv* anywhere near as often as others. so dnt worry=)

Sv are not airbourne...so dont worry about that. And as long as your
    wash your hands and kept them away from your face im sure you will be
    fine. but if it still scares you, you should know if from some reason
    you were going to be sick from them, which i dont think you will, it
    would happen in 12-24 hours, and then you can stop worrying. I think
    your having anxitey because thats what usualy a tight throat or chest
    means. Can you do something relaxing like take a bath or shower, watch
    a funny movie? I always get scared when hearing these things too...but
    when Im not in the situation I can easily say not to worry. Be strong.
    I wish you luck.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

well, i'm trying to distract myself with homework. i'm so dizzy. i am also feeling fatiqued...

don't worry, you WON'T catch anything. its not like all the sv* bugs just jumped all over her, and then they'll jump on you. I know how you feel, i'd get so worked up about when I had friends in that situation. But if you really think about it, it's just irrational thinking

Oh honey....you will be ok! The dizziness, fatigue etc is from the anxiety...you're not getting sick...you will be ok! Let us know how you are doing!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

how are you feeling now ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hello sweetie , dont worry iknow exactly what u are going though, i have 3 children when they are sick, i go into overdrive just like u are now , walk thruogh it dont sit ther and worry try to find some thing to occupy your mind , iknow how hard it is ,really im here if u need me i wont go i promise , i hate being alone when i feel like that , it will pass . once i was told by a doctor panic attaks only last 3 mins i laughed at him anjd said your not me , mine last ages , but keep that thought in your head time yiour selfand keep think8in that in three mins if i havent been sick im not going to , it will pass i promise, strawberry

Well, my dizziness finally passed before I went to bed. I took a dramamine, actually, and that seemed to help the nausea, too. I actually think SOME of the dizziness is becaue of fluid or something in my ear. I have been having sinus problems and I'm worried that some fluid has headed into my ear. I'm trying to get into the doctor. The minute I start feeling dizzy, my anxiety goes into overdrive.

iknow how u feel im really scared of ear infections myself , u will be ok if u really think u might have a cold take honey and lemon it always works for me and it doesnt contain any dodgy meds that might make u ill, i find that if i can set up a person to talk to on the phone i usually feel better email me if u want a support buddy i will chat to whenever u need me , i will never not answer the the phone cause i know how it feels, take care honey im here if u need me , strawberryx