Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I told you guys last week about going to my childrens school and there being a sick boy v* in the office. Well on Monday when I went to work in my sons class (I do every Monday) there was a puddle of v* on the nurses office floor with a wet floor sign over it and a little girl laying down with a v* bucket. I had to sign in right next to the puddle!! I swearnobody else in the office seemed to care at all. I held my breath, signed my name, and got out of there super fast. I hate having emet!!!!!! ~Brandi~

Yuck! Omg, that must have been awful! I can't believe you couldstill sign in... I'd have been running away from it thinking 'f*** the class I'm going home!' lol

I hope you're ok. You handled it well! Especially considering all the sick kids you've had to see at that school lately!

Kayla

Awww...man...that is hard...i agree with Kayla...I would've been OUTTA THERE!!! I hate this time of year...HATE!

I know what you mean, Monday the nurse called to tell me that my first grader had been in her office for an hour (since her lunch time) w/ a tummy ache. SHe has a UTI, so I knew that was what it was, but I went to pick her up anyway. When I got to the nurses' office, there were 2 girls in there, with trash cans sitting beside them--my daughter wasn't in there, she had gone to get her backpack in her class, but they had my daughter's lunchbox sitting open with these sick girls in there and were trying to get her to eat--ARE THEY CRAZY??????????? I was mad, what if one of these girls had v'ed and it had gotten on her food and lunchbox?? This is the 3rd time that i have had this school district act like the spreading of germs is not important!!

Im not a mum, but I just cant believe what some schools seem to think is acceptable when kids are sick!!! Whatever happened to keeping them isolated til they could go home (when I was at school) and keeping the apart from other kids.

i must say its prob a good job Im not a mum as I wouldprob loose the plot and seriously have a go at the people in question!!!

Hope everyone and their children are stayiongwell!!!

Laney xx

I am so sorry, that is frickin nasty...i dont even remember it being
    like that at my school when we were little...whats going on
    here??? where are peoples heads?
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by laneyb

Im not a mum, but I just cant believe what some schools seem to think is acceptable when kids are sick!!! Whatever happened to keeping them isolated til they could go home (when I was at school) and keeping the apart from other kids.

i must say its prob a good job Im not a mum as I wouldprob loose the plot and seriously have a go at the people in question!!!

Hope everyone and their children are stayiongwell!!!

Laney xx

Unfortunately, there simply isn't space to keep the children isolated in most schools here in Canada. They wait in the office to be picked up and that's it.

Oh my gosh Donna1216! I would have freaked out!

Donna that's awful... It's SO unhygenic!

I went to 2 different high schools, one private, and the other Catholic. At the first there was a sick bay with it's own bathroom and actual beds, and a nurse. If you got sick they looked after you, and it was great. At the second, there was nothing. You couldn't even sit in the office if you were sick. You had to stand in a little passageway, andcommunicate through a glass window tothe woman in the office that you were sick. They didn't JUST call your parents either... that would have been too easy. Instead, there were so many times I had to run around the whole school looking for both my tutor and my house coordinator to both sign my school diary and say it was ok for me to leave. In a school with a million stairs and hills. Try doing that when you are already about to pass out from period pain! It was ridiculous. And that was the rule, it didn't matter how sick you were. Crazy, isn't it?

I wouldve flipped out & ran away if i was you.

Well in my highschool, there is liek a little waiting area, and then a room where the sick kids are. I dont really think it helps much being the rooms are next to eachother & the door is open.lol

Let me tell you it was awful, I took one loiok at the sick girls and walked back out, since my daughter wasn't in there, but they called me back in to give me her OPEN lunch box!!! I was pissed, i can tell you that!!