Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have my first cbt session today and im really scared. I know it is a good thing and hopefully it will help me a lot but im still scaaaaarred!! Lol, i'll let you all know how it goes x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

good luck !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Whats that??? GOOD LUCK! You can do it!
    I love Sam

Good luck!

Have you been yet? Please let us know how it went!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Ahaha I don't know what it is but I hope all goes well.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

The best of luck to you![img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

CBT is cognitive behavioural therapy..i think there is a sticky post about it here somewhere. Its supposed to change your thought patterns, so you dont think v* is the worst thing ever!

So today was her just asking me qs to work out the way i think about v*. It was ok to start with, she asked me bout how it mpacts on my life etc going out, uni and stuff. The we talked about food which made me a little more uncomfortable. I said which foods i don't eat from past vomit (im just gonna write it now lol) experiences. Then she asked me to describe an experience of me vomiting, this made me very uncomfortable but i did it and it was really weird because all i could say was it wasn't that terrible so I didnt know why i was so afraid of it! Then came the hardest bit for me, she asked me when i last vomited. Now i havent said an age to anyone for years and years becuase im so afraid of cursing myself but i managed it - 5 or 6 i think by the way - look i typed it too!

So that was the end till next time when we will look at how to change thought patternsetc. I came home and had a huge cry and thought it was the end of the world. But now Im ok, i talked about vomit and said last time i vomited and im ok. Nothing awful has happened. So I guess that's progress.

Thanks for wishing me well, and il keep you updated progress wise xx

*katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm

Wow! Good job, it sounds like you are already making progress.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Good job..I hope it works out for you.
    I love Sam

Great job sweetie!

Thanks everybody [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    *katy*

That's great!! I hope it helps you alot!!

Hey!

I have been having CBT for a few weeks now and it is the best thing i have ever done!!! You have nothing to worry about because its nothing but positive!

I know we both live in Newcastle - I go to the oxford centre in Longbenton...I know its a long shot but I dont suppose you go there too do you?

Well anyways, I just wanted to say well done and that I am proud of you cos I know how scared I was before my first session. But like I said I am so so glad I did it because it has helped me along my little path of recovery just like it will for you!

Take Care
    Jen x

hey great job and good luck!!!

i will be giong through EMDR therapy soon.. nervous but at the same time looking forward to get some results soon. I want to get through this i cant live like this anymore. So in a way i would ALMOST do anything..

\"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Sounds like you are making progress already! Well done! I hope it keeps helping you!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb