Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Ugh!

So I just was told after eating a huge lunch, that eight people have the SV*! I really don;t like this time of year!! I never used to worry as much before having my baby, but kids seem to get it so easy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I like your new picture..who are these people who are sick??? try not to worry, its good tha you ate, eating keeps us strong
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks hon! ...I belong to a "moms" message board, and it's people on there, most from California) thankfully no one around me, but still!! Ick! Does cold weather help kill them off better, or no?

I dont think so...Infact I dont really think weather has anything to do
    with it, other than people are inside more, so for colds and flus we
    are all inside breathing the same air, but for sv* i think it stays the
    "smae rate" all year, people just talk about it more during winter, and
    also kids dont usually go to school during summer, so they have less
    times that they are "exposed" to v* kids in class and at school. But
    yeah hearing things like that make me so nervous...seriously. You live
    in Cali too? i do, Northern. I don't want you to be worried. I hate
    feeling so anxious this time of year but it happens. Stay safe.
    I love Sam

Thanks for that info!

I don't live in Cali, I love in Ohio...My friend lives in Cali though! You stay safe too!!

Ugh, I know how you feel. It ruins my whole day to hear about someone having the sv, even if they are not close to me. I am also more paranoid since I have had kids. Your baby is very cute, btw. I have a 3 1/2 year old, and a 1 1/2 year old, both girls.

First of all, your baby girl is adorable and I love that name too!!

About the sv* crap..I hate it too. I joined this board last year at this time and was so relieved that I am not the only person that is afraid of this. It can be so hard getting through these winter months, I had a rough time last year. At my job I work with women and children all day long. Last year I was sick A LOT!! I had the sv* twice (no v* though thankfully) I worry and feel doomed during these months. I feel scared to plan things because I don't want to be away from my house in case I get an sv*...I do everything of course anyways, but still feel anxiety. Just know that I feel your pain!!!
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

Quote Originally Posted by silver

First of all, your baby girl is adorable and I love that name too!!

About the sv* crap..I hate it too. I joined this board last year at this time and was so relieved that I am not the only person that is afraid of this. It can be so hard getting through these winter months, I had a rough time last year. At my job I work with women and children all day long. Last year I was sick A LOT!! I had the sv* twice (no v* though thankfully) I worry and feel doomed during these months. I feel scared to plan things because I don't want to be away from my house in case I get an sv*...I do everything of course anyways, but still feel anxiety. Just know that I feel your pain!!!

Thank you so much!

I am sorry you had the SV twice last year! How awful! We all got it this summer, and my hubby and BrayLynn V*, thank the Good Lord, I only had d*...It was still awful though, justy not knowing if you will v*! I know what you mean about planning things, we were supposed to take a 3 hour trip last month, which ended up getting canceled, and I must say, I was so relieved! It is so hard to live like this, but like you said, it's so nice to have others to help you...I pray lots about it too!

Oh, and you did an AWESOME job today hon, you should be so proud of yourself!!Edited by: mommy2braylynn