Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hi, new member

Hello to all, you have no idea how happy I was to find this (or you
    probably do). I've had this for as long as I can remember, isolated to
    other people doing it, not myself so much. I can't watch it or hear it in
    movies at all, don't like parties/drunk people, and get edgy if someone
    looks pale or sometimes if they just cough hard. If my husband says he
    doesn't feel well I bombard him with questions, even if he means he has a
    cold. Last year was the worst - he got food poisoning, and all I could do
    was sit in the other end of the house, fingers in my ears, humming and
    rocking. I felt so guilty for not being able to help him or comfort him.
    I'm always afraid I'm going to lose my mind. What's bad is you never
    know when or where. Big crowds make me nervous because of the
    possibility. I don't work, and I wonder if by the time I'm 40 or 50 or ever
    if I will even be able to leave my house! I've read that exposure therapy
    works, but who wants to be exposed to that?? I worry that if a stranger
    does it ON me that I might attack them, and would I be legally liable?
    Granted that's probably going a little far. But still I'm glad that all of you
    are here.

hiya im new to im an emetophobic and i pnly found out today , it sure does help to know u r not the only one i ve only been s*once in like 15 yrs and that time scared me into more habits i have a horror story for everyone , i was in a domestic violence relationship when i had my children and my partner was a digusting drunk , i was about, 6 months pregnant when i woke up in the morning to find the bath full of u know what , i didnt want to but i had to clean it because i cuoldnt use the loo untill it was gone i actually put a peg on my nose to calm the smell and thank god for the shower, strawberryx

Hi, welcome to the site. I'm sure you will find all of the support you need here. It a great place!! People are always here to answer questions or just talk!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi, welcome to both of you! I think probably all of us have at one stage or another thought we were the only ones who suffered from this irrational fear of what is essentially a natural bodily function. I didn't tell a soul about my fear until I was in my early twenties and have had emetophobia as long as I can remember, so all those years thinkingI was the only one who acted like a weirdo whenvomit was involved! The relief and comfort you get from finding there are others that know excatly what you are going through as they suffer from the same thing issuch a help.This group is a big support to many and there are so many friendly, helpful people always around to offer any advice they can ora few friendly words. I hope you both will find it a comfort and help to come here [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

gd luck with the bany , honey ive done that three times its real hard but soooooo worth itxxxxx