Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Can you swallow pills?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

20 17.09%
  • Yes

33 28.21%
  • With a drink to wash it down

64 54.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I cant swallow pills [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Ah i can't either! It sucks!
    ~viva~

[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img] Edited by: Girlygirl1980s

Once I had to take medication and my mom had to open the pill into my orange juice... I dont like orange juice any more because my only memory of it is that it tasted almost as bad as v*ing. [img]smileys/smilies_30.gif[/img]

I used to not be able to swallow pills, but recently i've been able to if i have a big swig of water to wash it down!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I admire y'all. I absolutely cannot do it. I have to put my pills in yogurt in order to swallow them

i cant and wont swallow pills i get scared and they get stuck i think im gonna v*, and panic , i will never take them and doctors always look at me like im being pathetic when i ask for lquid antibiotics instead, strawberryxx

well being that i take pills daily for alot of different things, i dont have a problem. I have to drink water with it.. other wise they get stuck in my throat.. but yah.. otherwise i am ok.
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

I witnessed my grandmother choking on a pill one time, and that was pretty scary. Oddly, I can't remember if she ended up throwing up or not.

I used to not be able to swallow them at all, now I can as long as they're very slippery on the outside, rather than powdery. I used to break them open and just force myself to eat the stuff inside... until I found out you you can overdose that way lol

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    i cant and wont swallow pills i get scared and they get stuck i think im gonna v*, and panic , i will never take them and doctors always look at me like im being pathetic when i ask for lquid antibiotics instead, strawberryxx

lol don't worry I still do that too... especially w/ zithromax, geez those pills are freakin HORSE pills!

I have to crush tablets and put them into food to take them...and if I have to take a gelcap I either let it melt in hot water and then drink it (which is HORRIBLE) or I pop it in my mouth and puncture it with my teeth until all the goo comes out, that makes my mouth go numb lol...I can't even swallow my birth control pills whole! And those are the tiniest things I could ever take! Yet, I can swallow other things whole...like a mouthful of Ramen noodles, the little meatballs in spaghettios, or little fruit snacks...but I can't swallow pills. hmm. kinda like how I'm scared of getting shots but I have a tattoo. lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eww I NEVER take gel caps, they're nasty...

i hear ya, i avoid it whenever possible

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

lol how can you even stand to do that... puncture them... ugh, i'd rather swallow them whole than PUNCTURE them, doesn't it make it even MORE nasty?

eww I can't stand how bitter tablets taste either... SO gross

I hate swallowing pills, but I do it anyway..Like when I get period cramps they are insanely bad, so I have to take advil for them. or if i have fever i swallow tylenol(very rare so knock on wood)lol Thats the only time I will swalllow pills.

oh & id rather swallow pills then take liquid. Whenevr i take liquid medicine i gag. its horrible. & after i drink it im n* because i cant stop thinking about the taste.

lol I still take children's Motrin for period cramps... I'm lame aren't i?

yes, well, I avoid taking any medicine whatsoever, I use natural stuff like Tea, and fruit and herbs, etc.

I have no problems whatsoever and can take my big herbal suplement, my antihistamines and my antidepressant all in one go!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I can swallow with no problem

i can't swallow capsules because i always feel them stuck on the way down no matter how much water i drink. they stay stuck there untill the capsule dissolves lol.

as for tablets, i cut them into tiny pieces and swallow them with liquid. but i can't remember the last time i swalloweda whole pill unless it was a round tiny one.

as long as i have a cup of water/soda.. i'm good to go.

NEVER! I tried to take a lil Midol and i had to eat 2 p-nut butter sammies to get it down. Luckily I don't need to take meds but when I do they get crushed up into small peices

I have no problems taking pills at all - can even take several big ones at once.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

sometimes i can do it with no problem (only with a drink though) and sometimes i have to choke it down, and then there are sometimes when i cant do it at all bc it makes me want to v*. i cant ever take big pills!

I can swallow pills but I need a lot of water and it takes a long time. I hate pills.

I have no problem taking pills. But those HUGE antibiotics and things I snap in half and pray....</font>
    </span></font></span>
    ~β™₯Little1β™₯~

i can now, but i couldn't even take the smallest one till i was like 15 or
    16... definitely emet-related in my case.

Seeing as I have to swallow at least 7 pills in one day, yep, I can swallow them. But I have to have something to drink. My husband can swallow them with nothing to drink, which I don't get.
    Amanda

Proud mommy to:
    Michael (11)
    Bethanie (7)
    Peanut (EDD 14 March 2009)