Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Will frosting go bad without being refrigerated, if it's eaten pretty fast? I bought some at a grocery store yesterday.. it wasn't refridgerated in the store. I thought it looked good, and I had always wanted to buy frosting and eat it out of the container without putting it on a cake haha.. so I impulsively bought it last night to eat for dinner. Turns out, it was a lot richer than I thought, so I didn't finish it.. I'm in college and don't have a refridgerator. I have had the frosting sitting next to my window all day (the coolest place in my room - it's been pretty cold and rainy for most of the day, I don't think it ever got to be warm, but my room temperature is set at 65 degrees and I can't make it lower). The frosting container says that any leftover frosting (that doesn't go on the cake people are supposed to put it on lol) should be refridgerated.. but I think I have put frosting on cakes before, and then eaten it for a few days, non-refridgerated, and been fine.. I wonder if that warning is only meant for long term storage? Do you think the rest of the frosting is ok to eat, if it hasn't been refridgerated? I wonder if frosting like that can go bad.. If anyone knows, I'd definitely like to know. thank you!

my grandma leaves hers out. (after she makes a cakes she likes to keep the left overs and spread it on grahms for snacks- can we say diabetic yet?) but she leaves many things out so i don't know if she's a good judge. i've made cakes before and not refrigerated them, though. they have frosting. in that case, i bet it's fine.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I think it'll be fine---I always frost my cakes, then leave them out on the counter, covered up for maybe 3 or 4 days. It hasn't ever hurt anyone in my family
    ~*~Charlene~*~

The frosting is fine. Dont worry. Whenever I bake something I absolutely always always use icing. I <3 icing. I leave it out for a few days sometimes.

There isnt anything in frosting that can go bad, besdies its full of
    presevative...thats why is shelf stable...homemade frosting is
    different becasue you use eggs, and butter....and milk which should be
    put in the fridge.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ok, awesome, thank you!!