Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

*may be graphic*

My 3 year old son had been in bed for half an hour, then woke up crying. I got to his room just in time to see him v* everywhere. I had just stripped his bed and cleaned him up when he did it again. I am so scared now and just waiting for it to happen again. He had been fine all day, but complained of tummy ache at bedtime. I am in a complete panic now. Why does it always happen when my husband is away?

He's just v*d again, so that is 3 times now so it is looking like the dreaded sv. I wish he was a bit older and would give some warning, he keeps doing it all over his bed and pyjamas. I am trying so hard to stay calm. I have managed to cuddle him but it is so hard. I wish I could stop shaking.

aww im so sorry for you and your son. Is your son crying? or does he feel like its asimple task. As for you, just try to calm down. Its actuallyprobably going to help your emetbecause your actually witnessing somebody v*.

bless your heart!!! stay calm.. try to.. your doing just fine. You will be ok and so will he in time. I know its hard because you never know when it is going to happen again and that makes it scary for us.

Just make sure everything is cleaned well, use bleach and things and i am sure everything will be ok. I remember when my lil brother used to get sv* and he would just get s* all over himself and my mom always stayed so strong, while i was falling apart in my room.

This is why i cant have any kids until my husband is OUT of the army cuz heaven forbid this would happen when he was in iraq.. i would prolly be a basket case.. kind of like that scene that is sort of graphic of that movie "The Ya Ya sisterhood" the scene where the ladies kids all three of them are getting sick at the same time and she just starts bawling, yah.. that would be me!

but you CAN do this and you will get through it

how is everything now?? Do you have anything he could maybe try to v* in??? so that you dont have to keep cleaning his pajamas and bedding??

good luck, keep us posted

We are here for you
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

lol why is it my posts always turn out to be way to long?!?!

oh well.. sorry bout that.. again
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

I agree with the posts here: You WILL get through this and will be fine---we are all here to help.

How's your daughter--is she OK?

I hope this passes quickly and your son feels better soon!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

my 8 yr old still does the same thing...it seems to just hit her with no warning. Put a bowl or a trash can by his bed and see if he will try to v in it. Do you have any anti n meds? I am soooo sorry

((((HUGS))))

you are a good momma to cuddle him. I cant bring my self to do it....as much as they need me
    This is Katsamsmom....and i am no longer able to access that account
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email me

has he done it again?

OH NO!!!! What an awful experience! Maybe if you have some clean pillows and blankets, maybe set him up a comfy little "bed" in the bathroom close to the toilet so he doens't get sick all over his room.Maybe try and stay close by so in case he does getsick again you can be right there. My mom used to do that for me. I hope he's alright!!! I hope you are alright! Just remember to wash your hands lik crazy and not touch your face (mouth, eyes nose) and you should be fine! You are so brave!!! I'm so sorry you are scared right now! You are doing a great job taking care of your son!!!! I wish I could make it all go away but unfortunately I can't. Please let us know how you (and your son) are doing!!! Stay Strong! You can do it!!!! *HUGS* Edited by: 1scareddj
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

My daughter came downstairs about 20 minutes ago to tell me my son was calling me. Sure enough hehad v*d again. Bless his heart, he had tried so hard to do it in the bowl I had left him. He was telling me sorry. Poor little boy. I cleaned up and gave him a little hug. I asked him if he wanted me to stay with him, but he said "no, me tired, night, night mummy". He is being so brave. When he had a sv back in February he was very distressed by it, but this time he is being so brave and putting me to shame as I am still shaking and wondering how I will get through the night. I have opened lots of windows and I am trying to stay calm, but I am in quite a panic.

My daughter is fine so far. She has been fantastic, fetching me clean sheets and reassuring her brother(from the landing,I will not let her in his bedroom much to her disappointment). I just hope she does not catch it.

Thankyou everyone for all your kind words. I am trying my hardest to stay calm, but I have a feeling it is going to be a long sleepless night.

Awwww!!!! He is being sooo brave!!! And so are you!!!! I feel bad that you are so scared! Is it late where you are?? its 4 in the afternoon here and I will be on here most of the night so you know you will have someone to talk to!!! I hope your daughter doesn't get it either!! I know it's hard not to panic...you will be ok! Just make sure to keep everything as clean as possible! Poor little guy!! Maybe he ate something that didn't agree with him!! Let us know how YOU are doing! (and him of course!) CHIN UP!!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

First of all, you are doing a wonderful job with the way that you are handling this...you have been able to comfort him and clean it up, I know that you feel anxious on the inside, but you are truely amazing in the way that you are dealing with it. We are all really proud of you and are here for you. You are incredibly strong, hang in there...this too shall pass....
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

your doing great! keep it up! bless his heart for being so strong, hopefully everything will be ok. I am sure by tomorrow it will pass and everything and everyone will be ok. Just keep your house nice and clean so you daughter doesnt get it. Your doing great! so far.. keep it up.

Sally, I am so so sorry!! I know what you are going through, and I am so sorry you are alone!! You are being so good and brave!!! Let us know how you all are!!

Thankyou all for your support. I was just about to say he had gone over an hour without v*ing when I heared a little cry. I think it was difficult for him that time as he was so empty. He sounded in pain and cried a bit afterwards. Poor little boy. I managed to stay calm and comforted him, but now I am downstairs I am anything but calm. I keep trying to tell myself that it will be over soon, but it is seeming like an eternity. I am longing for the morning.

Oh no Curly...after my recent experience I know exactly what you're going through. Remember, it is tough at the moment, but in a few hours it will all be over. You are strong enough to deal with this. It's perfectly normal to panic and shake...you're facing your fear right nowwhich is hard for an emet. But, you've coped before and you will cope this time too, because you're stronger than you let yourself believe.

If you can, stay with him, you'll know when he's going to v* thenand can help him do 'it' in a bowl - this is far easier than cleaning it up! Do the usual emet hygeine routine and you'll be fine. I never caught anything from my daughter and she v* 16 times!

I really wish I could help...will be thinking of you. Stay strong.

i admire you so much cuz i dont think i could be that strong, i would want to run away though i have heard that it is different when its your own but still.. wow

once again great job! and i hope he feels better soon but i am sure in a day or two he will be fine and back to his old self!

thats one thing i noticed about sv* if you v* you seem to feel better quicker rather than holding it in.. then it seems to last for days... or in my experiences anyhow.

Take care both of u

He's just v*d again. I am running out of pyjamas now. He is looking so pale and washed out now. I hope it stops for him soon. It ishorrible to see him so unwell. He doesn't really know what to do with himself, but he is still being very brave. Poor little baby and we had such a lovely day today. He had been so happy. I am still longing for the morning and then hopefully everything will be much better.

And more v*. Poor little boy. He is still being so good, but complaining about havinghis sister's fairy bedcover now, bless him. Thankyou everyone for all your support. I am not feeling very strong, but I know I have to comfort him however hard it is. He is my baby and I love him. I am already worrying about my daughter getting it.

SAlly, this just sounds awful. Your poor family--I used to think my town had the most svs ever, but yours sounds worse!! I wish your husband was there with you!! Please stay strong, you are doing so well!!!!

This is exactly what happened to my daughter, it was every 20 minutes for a few hours. Don't worry about pyjamas, you could always put a a t shirt and shorts on him, anything loose will do. Are you with him? Is he managing to v* into a bowl?

I know how you will worry about your daughter...remember, she didn't catch it last time, and she was helping you clear it up then! Just do your best to keep them apart and spray some disinfectant around any communal areas.

Thinking of you.

I think he has finally gone off to sleep now. It has been almost half an hour since the last v* episode. I have sat in his room with him and did manage to catch some of it. My friend has just popped in for half an hour to make sure we were alright, so that has helped a bit. She has given me a bit of reassurance, but I am scared to go to bed now. I hope the worst is over for my son but I am also very worried about my daughter catching it. I know I will have to cope alone if anything happens over the weekend as my mum and dad are going away for a few days. Thankyou all for your support. I am about to hang yet more sheets on the line.

Good luck, Sally, I hope it's over and that you get some rest. Well done on getting through this, be proud of yourself, you've done well.

I have just found this post (haven't been near my computer all day!) and I'm so sorry for your poor little boy!! Is there any chance this was caused by something he ate on your birthday, a reaction to the junk food maybe? Whatever it is, I hope it's over soon. Is there anyone you could call to help calm you down? My mum and sister are both very supportive of my emet, and I remember one time when my son had a bad sv* I had my mobile clamped to my ear while I was cleaning up the v*. I coped a lot better with a friendly voice talking me through it!

I know it's going to be a long night for you, so I hope it passes quickly and that you manage to get some rest. Keep us posted.

how is your little lad curly?

Email me

Thankyou Suze and Dreamer. well it was not over, he has v*d again. Not much this time, but enough for a change of pyjamas. He was telling me "no more please mummy". Poor little boy, he has had enough now. I hope he soon feels better. I am still shaking, but I think I am slightly calmer than earlier. I keep telling myself that I can do this, but I am not very convincing. I am so tired, but too scared to goto bed. I think it must be a sv as there were alot of children missing from pre school this week and several children in my daughter's class have been sent home unwell so it looks like the sv is doing its rounds again.

I am soooo sorry that you are going through this. Poor little boy. He's being so brave. What a sweetie. How are you holding up? Wasn't your daughter sick recently? Or am I thinking of someone else?
    \"This too shall pass\"

Thankyou katsamsmom and Shiva. My little boy has not v*d for an hour now so hopefully he will start to feel better now. he is sleeping and is not as restless as he was earlier. I think I am going to try and go to bed now,but I know I will not be able to sleep.I am just hoping my duaghter does not catch this. I wish my husband was home. Thankyou once again everyone for all the support and kind words.

just lysol the whole house and bathroom and keep him away fromyour daughter. Is there nothing you could give him for the v?

Email me

Oh sweetie, I am SO SO sorry! I am dreading this day with my daughter...I really hope he feels better soon! You are SO strong and are doing SUCH a great job!!! Stay strong and you wil be OK hon!! *HUGS*