Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: when ill with "stomach bug" You V*:

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • never;havnt V* since i had an sv as a kid

15 41.67%
  • 10% of tiime i get an sv il v*

3 8.33%
  • 20% of time i get an sv il v*

0 0%
  • 30% of time i get an sv il v*

0 0%
  • 40% of time i get an sv il v*

0 0%
  • 50% of time i get an sv il v*

5 13.89%
  • 60% of time i get an sv il v*

1 2.78%
  • 70% of time i get an sv il v*

2 5.56%
  • 80% of time i get an sv il v*

2 5.56%
  • 90% of time to 100% of the time, always v

8 22.22%

I'm just curious how often us emets V* when we get a stomach virus...im expecting most of us to be very low percent of the time, seeing as how we're aware of anti-emetics and strong wills not too.

IT seems everytime iv V* in my life, its just happened when i was not fighting it, I was asleep, or laying down, not trying to fight it, it would just suddenly come and only then would i try and stop, but couldnt at the last minute...is this true with any of you?

I don't remember ever having sv* (knocks wood) ... althoughI DID have bad d* one time w/ a fever... but no n* or or v*... could that have been sv*? it was a long time ago, I was 9

i like never get the sv* As a kid I never really got it either.

I'm in the 90-100% category. I've hadnearly a dozen stomach flu's in my life and have always v* from them. =( Edited by: chemicalemotion

Quote Originally Posted by lianaismadchill
    i like never get the sv* As a kid I never really got it either.

yup, that's pretty much the same way I am. I always had a lot of throat infections though... weird....

usually i just get d* but i do v* occasionally so i'm like, right in the 50% range.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

this is a really dumb question, but how can you tell if you have sv* ? cuz I know I had d* one time w/ a fever but no n* or v* ... and it was only like, a day. And then another time i had d* w/ n* and chills once at noon and then I felt better, I even went out to dinner. Then when I got home I v* but felt much better afterwards. Are those instances of sv*?

Hmm, I am also unsure how to vote. Nowadays when I have diarrhea I usually just think it is from something I ate, I was never one to get fevers or any other symptoms during a stomach flu even as a child so I am not sure if I've even had one since I was a child! (Knock on wood) as a child I always V*ed when I had a stomach virus. I've actually never had diarrhea and V*ing at the same time, always only one or the other.

^

same here. Like, there was a time I THINK I may have had sv* butI only had d*. then when I had pneumonia I was v* like crazy, but I never had d*. I actually think I was constipated

I always v* with an sv*. They always follow the same pattern, too - severe n*, d* and finally v*. It's the only time I can't stop myself from v*ing. (I've never used anti-emetics) Those of you who haven't had sv*s and claim never to get them - you don't know how lucky you are!!!!

^

so I really am lucky? yay! *knocks wood* I hope I never get them. I'm sooo freakin' clean though, it's kinda strange. ppl think I'm strange for it, but my health always comes first. now... you gotta remember, although I've never had sv* (knocks wood) I HAVE had pneumonia b4... now THAT is bad. Especially when you have it severe in both lungs to the point where you can't breathe, you're v* every half hour, and 106 fever.

I've had sv before but the last time I think I was about 14 (knock on wood) so 11 years ago. I was an emet then also, and I was away on vacation as a mother's helper! It was a really bad experience.

away on vacation?! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]holy sh*t! ... see this is one of the reasons why I'm scared to go on vacation...

I get bad stomach cramps frequently, and about every year or two, I'll get a really bad periodic cramping and multiple eppisodes of diarhea that lasts for about 7 hours, most of the day, then i just have a sensitive stomach for another couple hours until im back to normal. Last time I v* was just about 10 years ago, and throught that 10 year period, i wasnt neurotic about sanitation or health. Just over the last couple years have i developed eating healthier, washing my hands more, and being more careful with what i eat. I also thiink im AB blood type, which apparently gives asymptomatic traits to some noroviruses. I also had some virusafter I had phneaumonia this spring, probably because my immune system was weak, which caused me to feel very nausious periodically, over a period of 2 weeks! but never diarhea or stomach cramps. It made me loose 12 lbs! I would feel fine, then all the sudden I'd get little waves of nausea. Edited by: johnyricer

Quote Originally Posted by xxsophiaxx
    away on vacation?! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]holy sh*t! ... see this is one of the reasons why I'm scared to go on vacation...
    Don't worry, the mother of the kids I was looking after on the vacation neglected to tell me until AFTER I was already being sick all night that one of her kids had a sv the week before. So it wasn't that I was on vacation, but the lady didn't realize it would be an issue for me.