Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: phenergan?

Does anyone take this? Does it work? My mom has some for her migranies and she said I could use it whenver I need to..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi!

Yes it does work!!! The only down fall is that it makes you super tired....and it stays in your system for a while. It's definately a good thing for me to have in my cabinet...if anything else, I take comfort in knowing it's there when the n* strikes.

If your mom says you can have some, I say go for it!!!

yeah its great but it does make you really sleepy

This sounds wonderful. Can you just ask your doctor for it for emet. reasons?

- Susan
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

Does this stuff work for sv*? cause I can handle other nausea but the kind from sv* is different!

it actually didnt help me with mine because I think I just needed to get it out because I still felt really n* and after it wore off I V* but if not it works really well

it works good. only if it is in a suppository form...it will not do you any good if you have severe d. like every 30 min d..it will come right out.
    This is Katsamsmom....and i am no longer able to access that account
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email me

Thanks ladies...I have the suppositories...

I keep Phenergan at my house, the suppository form, it works great. It does make you very sleepy though, but hey, Id rather be sleeping that v'ing!!!! I dont know how well it would work if you had a SV with nausea and diarrhea, but one time when my youngest daughter was sick, I asked our doctor if it was safe to give her a suppository for her fever and a Phenergan right after that and he said it was fine because they both melt within mins. of being inserted.

So, the suppository form should keep you from vomitting, even if you have the sV? (As long as you don't have d*) Right?

Wouldn't that help keep a sv* from spreading if there is less vomit to avoid? Is it safe for kids or will my pediatrician think horrible things if I ask for it? I'm going to ask my dr. for some for me.
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

GREAT stuff. But it does make youvery drowsy. I can't take one and expect to function for any longer than about a half an hour... got to lay down.