Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well I v*ed last night. I have been ruled by my phobia since I was 9 years old (I am 25 now) and lately have been feeling like I am ready to face this phobia and get over it because I am sick of being panicky all the time. Most of my adult life I have never drank and over the last year or two I do sometimes drink now and I enjoy going out dancing and having a good time with my friends. I have been wanting to try new foods and have been getting into spicy foods. I have been thinking of going back for a second degree in early childhood education, and the fear of kids or myself getting a stomach virus has been a huge factor in whether i should do it or not. I have been sick of this fear controlling what I do.

So anyway, about a month ago I had too much to drink at a wedding and felt quite sick for a few hours after coming home. I did anything I could to stop myself from being sick and trying to get my nausea to go away, including sitting in my shower with ice cold water from the showerhead flowing down on me for like an hour. I did not wind up getting sick that night but I felt nauseas for like 4 hours and nauseas all the next day.

Last night, I drank too much again and I felt so sick while trying to go to sleep. I felt so bitter, thinking of my friends telling me stories about how if they have drank too much they will go home and purposefully make themselves v* to feel better and not be huungover the next day! Oh, the freedom to do that so carelessly. I have been so envious lately of people who can v* and not think twice about it.

So anyway, I got a glass of water, some paper towels, and I decided I was going to vomit on purpose. I felt that sick and also I felt really angry. And wouldn't you know it but I could not throw up! I was trying to and I couldn't! I mean I was dry heaving and purposefully making a loud noise but nothing would come up. Finally I actually tried to stick my finger in my throat but maybe there was a little part of me that still did not want to cause I didn't do that for more than a second of time.

I finally did v* it was like a teaspoon of fluid and was more likely a loogie or something cause nothing barely came out but a little did so I know I did actually v*. Also my throat got sore from the acid.

So anyway that was it and that is my story. I am not sure how I feel. In a way I am glad I have now v*ed recently cause the last time was 4 years ago and it was vague how everything felt, I just knew it was something to avoid but talking with my psychologist I was not sure what I've hated so much about it in particular. Now I kind of have more of an idea, and what it is, is the feeling of chunks coming up my throat that I think I dislike the most about the whole thing. Nothing much came out last night and it was pure liquid so I don't know, it wasn't that bad. But I was hesitant to stick my finger down my throat much cause I really didn't want to full-blown v* my dinner up. Also the wrteching sound I make really embarasses me. I feel like I am louder than other people are when they are sick. I don't want anyone to have to listen to me doing that, I even had the shower running to try to mask the noise. My boyfriend said he is usually kind of quiet when he v*es and he thinks it is because he relaxes and lets his body do the work for him, he said it seemed like I was trying to hard to help my body along (he wasn't there with me but from how I described it to him).

Well thats all for now cause I see I really have talked a lot about this. I have some conclusions about it though that I am also gonna make a thread about.

By the way I did feel a LOT better nauseas-wise after getting sick and I haven't felt sick at all today. Much different than how I usually feel if I've had a few drinks. Also, please don't think I am an alcoholic or anything! In a way I think I h

don't worry, you're not alone in the retching part. from what I remember about v* I always retched REALLY loud....

That is really brave of you to do that. I know when people tell me that when they v* from drinking, they feel so much better, but I'm too much of a chicken to do it and I would rather suffer all day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The last time I v* was the end of January. It was my 21st. I went all day without eating (stupid) because I just didn't have an appetite then of course drank a lot. I usually don't tend to drink hard A just more beer like things, but that night it was more hard A. All of a sudden it just hit me hard...I was in a big suite with a bunch of my friends and of course only one bathroom and it so happens all the beer was in ice in the tub. I got to the bathroom and my partner came in and tried to sit with me and calm me. I manly spit because my mouth was watering so bad. I think what made me soo sick was how dizzy I was. I did dry heave a few times but nothing like real v*. It is different v* from alcohol then it is a stomach bug!!

I forgot to add people wanted to come in to get beer so my partner would hand some out the door while I was telling him he better keep the door shut. Long story short I made everyone go home..lol....don't like people other then my partner around when I am feeling like that!!

ooo I see. So basically it's not as bad to v* from being drunk than it is to v* from sv* ?

I threw up once from being drunk, and it was fine. I can't remember it very well, because I was really out of it, but I remember it was alot easier to throw up liquid than food. I still would never make myself sick to avoid a hangover though! One of my bfs friends used to do that when we lived with him, and I could never understand it. It kinda scared me.

I can see how it's easier to throw up liquid than food. Very understandable. go to the prive forum and read what I posted in the topic where we were talking about v* and it's appearance... i wrote a pretty graphic response to it.

Why is it different v* from alcohol compared to a sv?

I havent v* from alcohol (touch wood) but very nearly did this summer after drinking alcohol and choking, it went down the wrong way n i started to choke and cough and then i heaved bout 3 times, it was so scary i thought i was going to v* but thankfully i didnt, i caught my breath back and was ok then after about an hour of walking around trying to calm down, then i laughed to myself bcos the noises of heaving i was makin were so embarrassing im just glad no one was around to listen (it was like 4 am in Spain around the pool on my own bcos everyone was wasted and went to bed). My stomach hurt and nose felt like it was burning, n it reminded exactly what it was like to v* cos ive not for (touch wood) a long time- when i was 9 and now im 22 and it scared me just to heave. i dont class it as v* tho, i once heaved from a migrane, i dont like it cos u just cant catch ur breath.
    kath x

It is easier and I think better simply because it is all liquid and no chunks...sorry (TMI) To me that is just more unpleasant. I don't think it often has the same taste either. Also for me I only got sick once although if you get really drunk you can get sick more ...with a SV you never know how long you are going to be v* plus you have all the other nasty symptoms that go along with having a stomach virus.

I have seen my friends v* on purpose to avoid a hangover, I also saw my dad do it a lot when I was younger so he could drink all night and then go to work the next day. I never saw the point in doing that to oneself, why get drunk, act like an idiot, and then get sick. What purpose does that serve? In my eyes, depending on what one has been drinking, if they drink, do stupid things and then v*, they just paid $$$ to v*. That just sounds ludacris to me.

I have never drank a drop of alcohol in my life! I am just too scared to. I have seen people who have never drank before, drink one shot and and get violently sick. I am afraid that would happen to me so I just stay away from it. I won't even drink wine or champaigne. I am 27, and when I meet new people, they never believe me that I have never drank before. They tease me about it say that I am a liar...then they feel bad when they keep offering me drinks and I get pissed and tell them that I seriously have never drank and I find it disrepectful for people to hassle me about it. I have my reasons, I just don't want to share them with anyone and everyone that i meet. Then they want to know what my reasons are and I just tell them that the reason why I don't drink is even weirder than the fact that I never have. If they keep begging me to know why, I usually just tell them that I am diabetic (which is true) and that I have really bad acid reflux (which is also true). That usually shuts them up. lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

well done for coming so far !

wow mary-- that is amazing. I hate it when people offer you drinks, and you really have NO interest in drinking. However, i am the odd emet that likes to enjoy a few hard liquors every once in a whil.e I've only gotten extremely sick once or twice, but I held it in, I am just too scared to face v*ing.
    Join my group!