Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Which is the most dreaded place to you?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crowded Mall near Xmas time

14 15.05%
  • Small town in middle of nowhere

3 3.23%
  • Nightclub

4 4.30%
  • Jury Pool Room

2 2.15%
  • Classroom Lecture

3 3.23%
  • Long Plane Flight

63 67.74%
  • Long Grocery Lane

4 4.30%

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

uhm i wish this was multiple choice cuz i put in a small town in the middle of nowhere which does make me extremely nervous and a close second would be a long plane Flight, and then crowded mall near christmas time and then a Night club.. so actually pretty much all of them make me uncomfortable!! [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Well none of these places are really disturbing to me emet-wise, so i just did it in regular life...small town in the middle of nowhere because i have lived in big cities all my life and feel i would be bored in a teeny, secluded place.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Hi there!!

For me the worst would be a crowded mall near Christmas. I cannot stand how hot and jam-packed the malls are, there's never any parking, and other shoppers tend to be kind of grouchy and irritable with screaming children. Emet-wise it drives me crazy---cold/flu/sv* season plus lots and lots of people equals a big NO for me!!!
    So I do all my shopping in one day, and try to keep it to one store. Well, except Toys R Us for my son, but I've already bought for him. Another thing I do not do.......Toys R Us around Christmas!! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Ugh, long plane flight all the way. No where to go, no where to run, and if you want to get off you CAN'T! Not to mention those tedious bathroom lines. If you need to get sick, your only resort is a white papersack in your front-seat pocket. On a scale for Emet-wise, it's a 10/10 for me. Edited by: chemicalemotion

Hmmm..I'm surprised no one has checked off nightclub yet with all the drunks in there. Major chance of v*.

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalemotion
    Ugh, long plane flight all the way. No where to go, no where to run, and if you want to get off you CAN'T! Not to mention those tedious bathroom lines. If you need to get sick, your only resort is a white papersack in your front-seat pocket. On a scale for Emet-wise, it's a 10/10 for me.

lol..I completely agree. When I went to Scotland 2 years ago with my mother, I purposelygot usseatsat the back of the plane (next torestroom) just to make sure that1.)Icould run to it in case! 2.) Ifit was occupied and I couldn't useit, I could v* in thoselittle bags and no one in the back seats could see me. LUCKILY, *knock on wood* I have not v* on a plane but my poor sis said she once saw awoman walk back to bathroom with v* all over her chin-I guess those bags aren't great so people please bring brown, heavy paper lunch bags.. Oh, good lord..I think I dread people v* on planes more than me. My issue is more the anxiety of the flight which leads to the n* and fear of v*.

^^^^^^^^^

Me too!! That's exactly what happens to me- I get really anxious about the flight, then that makes me feel nauseous, then I get scared I'll vomit. And I'm terrified of seeing someone else get sick there, too. I hate feeling trapped, and a plane is the ultimate trapped kinda place. It's definitely the worst for me emet-wise! After the last time I was on a long flight I decided I'm not doing it again without sleeping pills. Then I can be blissfully unaware of whatever happens lol

ya same! I hate planes... that's my most dreaded place. what happens to me is I get panic attacks on the plane, but never true motion sickness *knocks wood* ... even during landing, I don't have to drink water or chew gum or anything. but eww I hate planes. the bathrooms always seem to smell like v* too. But it's horrible, usually I can hold my pee for like... 8 hours or so, but on planes I seem to need to go every hour, cuz I get really nervous andwhen i get all worked up I constantly have to go pee.

Every year my parents drag me to Hawaii, all my friends are mad that I go and I "take it for granted" BUT ITS A 10 HOUR FLIGHT! so I get really nervoussssss! Especially take off & Landing, & Turbulence: I freak out. [img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]

I actually like the long flights, just not the other people: I never worry aboutmyself b/c I dont getmotion sick.HOWEVER I start crying if Im dragged onto a boat.

Sometimes i get a little nervous when i have to take the subway but only when it's crowded at the rush hour.
    Le Paroxysme de la Tranquilité.

Compulsory good manners.

Yay!!! Earl!

None of those really bother me. I am independently voting for dr.s office or hospital emergency room- OR my daughter's school. Otherwise, I am good. Oh. Or any public bathroom.
    \"This too shall pass\"

^^^^^^^

I TOTALLY agree with shiva! I cannot stand to go into a hospital, doctor's office or public restroom and I only will if theres no way around it.

yup, I think hospital should've been one of the options. It's the one and only place I'll breakdown in if I have to go in one. Planes I'm fine w/ as long as my sister doesn't start v*ing like she usually does. If I'm on a flight w/out her though I'm totally fine. So funny one time when we were flying to Greece from London, I got moved up to 1st class seats (front row!) and she had to stay in coach, lol. I was so glad though

Man, tough call. I really really wanted to pick night club, except I had to go with plane because you really are trapped. I can bolt out of a night club if need be, don't think they let you take parachutes on commercial airlines. That and I do get motion sick, even with dramamine sometimes.

*potentially uncomfortable story*

30 min flight S.D to L.A- nasty storm coming in, bad turbulance, puddle jumper plain, had one seat on the right side and two seats per row on the left, so I had my own on the right. Fifteen into the flight, the one across had the bag out, the woman behind me (could see in the window of course), and the woman in front of me had hers out. I was surrounded by 3 ppl! Nobody actually v*d but man! It sucked, plus the plane did a really bad dip and I wasn't feeling to good either. Haven't been on one since.

crowded mall at christmas is the "scariest environment imaginable".

Did anyone just get my movie reference?

I'm not liking the plane stories! Emet crosses my mind when I fly but as I don't suffer from motion sickness/fear of flying I'm quite comfortable in that I know I'm OK.

However I'm flying to the USA next week and I've never flown for that long before (about 7 hours). I just hope every other passenger is like me and doesn't get plane-sick. And if they do not to use those flimsy bags uugh.

I said long plane flight but there's something even worse for me.

I never go to family get togethers unless they are at my parents's house, cause when I am there I can always escape to my bedroom or the computer room and be antisocial. When they are held at anothe rfamily member's house it's just too crowded! Not to sound mean but all my dad's siblings are much poorer then we are and if you think about 10 of his siblings, plus their spouses, plus their kids, in a tiny little house where you barely have room to breathe, let alone a clear path to the bathroom....I just can't do it! I would rather be on an 8 hour flight somewhere, cause at least I know that after the flight I'll be some place AWESOME!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Quote Originally Posted by ginger_saves
    Hmmm..I'm surprised no one has checked off nightclub yet with all the drunks in there. Major chance of v*.

I go to clubs a lot, so it doesn't stop me from going, but this is by far where I fear it the most. Almost EVERY time I go, I'm confronted with my phobia. As the night gets later and later, people get more and more drunk,and the line to the bathroom gets longer and longer, I get more and more panic stricken. I always try to make sure there's a path for someone to bust thru the line if needed. It seems like I'm always the ONLY one who notices when someone is about to v*! It drives me crazy that everyone is so oblivious! And I'm truly envious of those who can just laugh when their friend does it from drinking. I'm the worst friend in that situation or any v* situation, I just run the other way. If I'm stuck in the same room with it, I close my eyes, breath out of my mouth, cover my ears and hum. I hate my phobia...

This might cause a rift to say this, but after a certain age, shouldn't we be able to count on people being aware of how much they're drinking, knowing they're limits, knowing the rule of ALWAYS eating before a night of drinking, etc.? Edited by: twarden1

An airplane for sure b/c there is no way of escape!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

twarden1 , I'm the same way. If one of my friends starts v*ing, I turn into a bad friend and just run away. I can't do it [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I would really, REALLY not like getting sick on a plane! Thank goodness I never has though!

A plane flight would suck

Bathroom isn't up there but I would pick that.

Bus && train rides also..there's no escape

I wanted to put them all but the small town. I don't go anywhere, so they all scare the crap out of me!

i haven't been on a plane since i was 6 months old...lol, but i'm planning on (hopefully) within a year flying over 30 HOURS from Seattle, WA to Thailand...omg...after these stories...i don't know...

do lots of people usually v* on planes?

also, i put plane because its the closest thing to a bus and i freak on buses...and hospital ER's, too...i remember having to go with my mom to the ER because she was literally dying from a skin infection and kids were carrying around bowls and trash cans...[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]i kept having to 'wander' down the hall...my mom totally was okay with that though...she just sat and tried not to move too much...[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

***graphic***

i did work in a hospital once...not in the ER, thankfully, but i worked around the newborns...and let me tell you...i never knew, until then, that a newborn baby could projectile v* so far...it was more amazing than scary...thankfully i didn't have to clean it up! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Long plane flight would be the worst, second a classroom lecture - im fine ish with the others

none of the above. Any School Oct.-April
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon