Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Vurps???

Ok, that's what I call em anyway.[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Why do we sometimes have "Vurps"? You can just be sitting there, no stomach pains, nothing then if you burp some um, stuff comes up but nothing happens???? Any answers would help me! Idon't get these very often at all but I have always wondered about them!!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Here's my opinion . . . I think that happens to me when either 1. I've eaten too much 2. I've drank too much water 3. My pants are too tight [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] 4. I've eaten something that doesn't quite settle quickly 5. Sometimes air gets caught.

Not too professional, but it's my opinion. - Susan

PS. I forgot to tell you congrats on kicking the cig. habit!!!! It must be one of the toughest things ever to do. You'll never regret it. And, I think, if you can do that, you can certainly get control of emet - not that it's easy either! I admire you - keep it up!Edited by: turtleiam
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

it is actually acid reflux like the stomach acid coming up your throat and is actually pretty bad if you do it alot it can burn the lining of your esophagus

Hi there!!

I get those occasionally and I think it's nothing to be too concerned about. If I burp lying down sometimes that happens, plus like Susan said above if I'm too full and so forth.
    They're disgusting, definitely!!! But I think it happens to most of us every now and again.

I get those CONSTANTLY when I eat ANYTHING, but I'm quite used to it. I have a hiatal hernia and acid reflux disease, so it happens 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It doesn't really bother me any more, as long as I take my nexium it's not bad. What I hate is when it's REALLY bad heartburn and it comes up with a burning sensation....blech!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

lol i call those "barps" sometimes i get them when i eat too much i have no clue why we get them though ..[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

I only get them if I drink after eating.
    You only live once

LOLI hadn't heard that expression in awhile...

I hadn'tdone one for years (I'm talking like 10 years or something), then about two months ago I did one. I totally freaked out because I hadn't tasted vomit in so long... But I was fine. It was because I was REALLY full, and then I realised I had chocolate in the house so I ate more on top of it (which is pretty common for me) but it just didn't go down well for some reason...

the only time that happens for me is if i eat something really overly greasy or if i drink too much of something with my food, or if i drink too much in general.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LOL!!! Thanks everyone!! I just hate them!! YUCK!! The only time I really get them if I eat a whole bunch and like if I bend over to pick up dog toys or something !!!! Eww..
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥