Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was just wondering who has actually vomited while having emet and how did you cope? what did you go through when it was about to happened , while it happened and after it happened? was there any second thoughts about being afraid of it or did you just panic even more ?

Im just really curiuos , thanks for reading !

I don't remember getting sick w/ emet... *knocks wood* ... I was emet., but only of other ppl not myself. I don't remember exactly when I became emet. of myself v* though, it kinda just gradually happened, like, basically, I went about a year w/ out v* and I was proud and hoped I'd never do it again. Cuz i used to v* a lot. not from sv* but... ehh...long story

Ooh, not me thankfully! My emet stemmed from the last time I vomited, so yeah, haven't done it since.

I know alot of people here have, and have said its not nearly as bad as you remember it being. Sadly the fear often seems to creep back soon after =(
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

^

what she said. now me.... I'm phobic of pretty much all illness, as I fear it'll eventually lead to v*. But I know that back in May I was REALLY ill w/ a throat virus (worse than the one I'm getting over now) and it was bad, and I cried.... but it wasn't as bad as I'd visualized being sick.

well the last time I v* was in april and I was emet. I woke up and I knew that I had a sv. there was one going around at work. I felt so bad all day. I made it til 5pm with just d* then finally I v* it wasnt that bad because I knew I had to. but after I was so scared that it was going to happen again. I didnt eat for three days after that. it didnt make my emet worse but it didnt help either

Yes I have gotten quite sick since I've been emet, the first time was when I was 19, and I hadn't gotten sick in 10 years. It was from an sv. At first when I started feeling off, I dismissed it as just normal anxiety nausea, and of course it got worse, and I did all the coping mechanisms (pacing and trying to distract myself), I couldn't believe I'd get sick since I had fought getting sick so many times before and didn't get ill. I was quite scared, and when I did get sick I was actually amazed at how easy it was. I was kinda freaked out, but it wasn't so bad, and I was sick a lot that night. The next 2 times I was sick were definately easier, I freaked at first but then was like "well I have an sv so I'll probably end up getting sick" and it was okay. I was scared some, but not as bad as the first time. I also realized I had dropped one of my coping mechanisms (pacing around and unable to sit still). The thing also was after these occassions of getting sick, my emet seemed to almost dissapear until weeks later when I had "forgotten" (lost touch) with what the experience was like. My emet has greatly improved, tho its still there some.

eww... I hope I never get sv* (knocks wood) ... they sound so horrible.

Im just so curiuos about it because its unfarmiliar so its like a fear of the unknown kinda thing. Im glad to hear it wasnt asbad as you thought but thats kinda expected because when people are scared of something they make it seem like 100 times worse than it really is.

Ah, yes. I've v* plenty of times with Emet. Let's see, the most recent, was either a stomach flu or food poisoning, I still don't know which. But anyhow, like Galadriel, I went through my routine such as pacing, sipping water, wringing my shirt, etc. Finally, the nausea got so incredibly bad I just succumbed to it and prayed I would v*. Sometimes, you just get to a certain point that is limited to how much you can tolerate. I had crossed that threshold and did certain things that would evoke me to v* until I finally did. I was more relieved that the nausea was gone rather than I had only temporarily conquered my fear.

Yeah the nausea is awful. It gets to where its so bad that you actually kinda want to be sick just to make the nausea subside. Course it takes a lot for me to get to that point, but there is that point.

i've done it plenty of times. when i was younger i couldn't do much but put up with it, but as i've gotten older it's gotten a lot harder. my most recent time was at the end of august and it was because i drank two things that didn't mix well in my stomach. the time before that was 3 years ago and i had food poisoning. that time was just awful. i know we all think that doing it just once is absolutely horrible, but try doing it about every hour to three hours for 2 1/2 days straight...i was ready to die. somehow i made it through, i don't know how, but i did. and my ribs were bruised from dh and v* so much...i was in agony. but, here i am! and i'm okay! still very much an emet, but i'm okay!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I dont get it , the majority say its not that bad when it happened(s) but we are still scared. I myself dont even know what is like because its been so long but I really envy all of you because you have somehow 'faced" your fear so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by punchbuggy

I dont get it , the majority say its not that bad when it happened(s) but we are still scared. I myself dont even know what is like because its been so long but I really envy all of you because you have somehow 'faced" your fear so to speak.
    I think its because we build it up in our minds to be this really horrible horrendous thing, and its not fun even if you arent emet, but it isn't the end of the world. Still tho, that doesn't explain how I can still be afraid of it even after having done it and realized its not that bad. I don't get that. Hmm, maybe its because my brain has been so trained to think this way that it goes back onto the "beaten thought path" automatically, and that thought path is "this is so frightening and awful!"? I mean I really dont like the whole build up part, and loss of control part. Also the nausea aspect is just the most uncomfortable feeling.

Galadrielsaid..

Still tho, that doesn't explain how I can still be afraid of it even after having done it and realized its not that bad. I don't get that. Hmm,

Me either , in my mind it would help getting over it if you experience it and gte to know its noth that bad after all but you know what you could be right , it could be that we are automatically trained to fear it even after we experience. I wish that emet. became more public that would be awsome and maybe we could know more about it. I honestly think im the only one in my city who fears this and our poulation is 800 000. Iv thought about ,making info pamphlets but then i changed my mind because i honestly dont think anyone here would know what i was talking about and probably take it as a joke.

For me, it's the nausea that's the absolute worst--that is the part that contains the horrible anticipation of what's to come. Actually throwing up is not fun either, but it's over so fast. What bothers me and scares the daylights out of me is the nausea. It's not like other illnesses (a bad cold for instance) where you can distract yourself with a good movie or something. When I'm nauseous, it's all I can think about. It's the most miserable feeling ever. The rational part of me knows it will probably end after several hours, but the irrational part of me worries that the feeling could last for days on end.