Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

If we knew beforehand exactly when we were going to v*? Like if I knew the next time I was going to v* was 6 years from now I could relax until then. Or there could even be just a week warning thing, so that you could prepare yourself for that day, not eat anything too icky etc. What do you guys think?

Hmm this is sort of like that would you wanna know when/how you were going to die question. On the one hand I'd want to know for the reasons you said or better yet to avoid whatever the cause was going to be. On the other hand knowing would cause a whole buttload of worry leading up to it. I think I'd want to know I was NEVER going to v again. That'd be the best. I think about that sometiems because of the worry etc that comes w/ emet and how if I knew for a fact that this or that wasn't going to make me sick or that this day wasn't going to be the day it'd be easier to enjoy life in general. Good thouht/question.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I've actually thought about this before. Just sat down and wondered: "If I knew the exact time and dateof when I would v* again, would it really be all that bad?" I agree with Simply. If I had any estimate as to when I would get sick again, that would occupy my mind 24/7 to the point where I would be crossing out days on a calender leading up to it.I think it would be better to remain ignorant and taken for surprise rather than fret for months or years.

<center>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </center>

Yeah, I'd totally be crossing off days, and worrying myself into a frenzy. I would not want to know.

I would want to know. That would be great! Oh, the days I could go out and have fun, eat good foods and live life to the fullest. I would start worrying a week or so before...but plan ahead to be at home surrounded by comforting things, not eat something greasy and acidic and have my girl there for support. Oh how I wish this were possible.
    Be Here Now

I'm with Nicki- that'd be awesome!! I'd be able to totally relax, and do all the things I tend to avoid these days. Like rollercoasters and even just eating out lol. Of course I'd worry in the days leading up to it, but before that I'd just be so relieved to know I wouldn't v* that I'd want to take full advantage of the time I had!

It DEFINITELY be better! I've always thought about this, and wished it could be true. Like, I'm not saying I'd wanna v* all the time, but like... ehh... lets see, 5 years from now I was to v*. OK... still bad but at least I'd KNOW it was coming. haha wow... how much more exciting my life would be...