Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

We all know that when we're nausious, we don't feel like looking at or thinkiing about discusting things, becuase in doing so, it just makes us feel more nausious. What do you all find is a good thing to think about when you're nausious that helps you feel better? Do you think about nature? Do you sing one of your favorite songs in your head? What metnal thoughts help you? Edited by: johnyricer

haha before i came and actually read the post I was like, "what's a 'metal thought'?" but now i get that you meant mental. wow. silly me!

I try to sing out loud actually, or distract myself. Also i just try to distract myself in my head, like thinking of soothing things like songs in my head or a calm, peaceful room with no noise. Distraction really works.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I do puzzles - crosswords, sudoku, anything that involves concentration which will hopefully take my mind off the n*.

I just concentrate on my breathing, and walk around outside in the cold, if it is really bad. Anything to distract from the n*! But nothing that takes TOO much concentration. Sometimes I have sat on the toilet w/d* and read shampoo bottles, just for a distraction.

I watch TV or do laundry...or I get up and walk around. I also try to breathe deeply and sometimes even start counting in my head!!

So many times, i have woken up feel n* and have the shakes really bad, i have many times just put a coat on n gone walking at like 3 am if my mum knew she'd kill me, i jus need to get out wen i think i mite v*. Once i had to get out n couldnt put my shoes on cos i felt so n* wen bent down so i ran outta the house. walking and singin n talkin to God normally hepls me
    kath x

I watch T.V. or think of my boyfriend or call him... He calms me down a lot!!
    <3 So many pretty parts and no pretty wholes <3

I try and think of soothing things like a soft warm blanket, or a glass of cool water, something nice that doesn't add to the nausea (like thinking of food would do![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] )

I sing at the top of my lungs in the car with the windows up, if I'm going somewhere. If I'm at home, I flip on the tv, do some cross-stitch to keep my hands busy, surf the internet.

Daffodil, I have read shampoo bottles on the toilet when I had d* before too, lol! Anything for distraction, right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.