Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

First off, sorry if this sounds totally stupid...

anyway, every year, my church holds a Christmas party in our dining hall. This year, it'll fall on Saturday, December 2nd, much earlier than usual (its usually a week before christmas). It's a very family-oriented party, santa comes and gives the little kids candy and presents...

here's the thing - I have this teacher, Mrs. Comer, whom I REALLY admire, and... I don't know... I just thought it'd be nice to invite her to the party. Especially since she has a little boy (he's 4), and I think it'd be a great experience for them. I actually don't mind that much... I mean, it's a little embarassing, and I don't want her to tell any other students or teachers. But I'm afraid of what my parents will think (they're, of course, coming to the party too, hence the fact that I don't drive yet...) I already asked my grandma and gave me this lecture about how it's "morally wrong". Don't ask. But really, it's not like I wanna be "best pals" with this woman, I just want to show her some of my culture (it's a Greek church). But she's Christian and everything, and I don't see why not. I spoke w/ my Sunday school teacher yesterday about it, and she actually thinks itsa great idea.

Also, for all theteachers on here- what would you do if a student invited you to a party (more specifically, family oriented holiday party)? I'm curious to see what your respones would be

I would be honored to be invited, but I am not totally sure if I would go or not. It would depend on a lot of things, firstly, if I was busy or not. I can't see how it could be "morally wrong" at all. I think it's a very sweet gesture. I am a music teacher and I love when kids invite me to plays or concerts or things they are performing in. I remember going to one of those that included a dinner and the student's family was so sweet and included me. I liked it a lot. I say, go for it! Just don't be offended if she can't come. I's a really busy time of year.

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

well, of course I won't be offended if she can't come. It's just the asking that's bugging me. I was really close today, but she had to leave for a meeting. Tomorrow wouldn't be good cuz it's after school study session, and all the other kids will be there (not all.... but a good amount, about 5-10) and I wouldn't want them to hear about it. By the way, that's great that you've been invited [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

anyway, i'm not trying to be a teachers pet, but I try to help her out alot in the classroom and I try not to act too immature, as I know teachers hate that