Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: E-lizabeth

How is your son today??? Let us know how you are doing!!!

Sorry, should have given the update....thanks so much for asking. My husband & I debated for a while about whether or not to tell our daughter about David being sick and we decided to hold off until Mark picked him up to see how he was doing. If he was really lethargic or had thrown up again, we'd have to tell her so she would be prepared. I picked Rachel up from after-school daycare at about 5 and went to the drug store with her to "stock up" for the evening, and phoned Mark from there. I was delighted to find out that not only had David not been sick again, but he was in great spirits, happy and energetic.

We kept him off food last night, gave him a bit of a plain bagel, some crackers and applesauce for dinner and gave him watered down apple juice instead of milk at bedtime, and I'm thrilled to say that, knock wood, he was totally fine. If I had not known he'd been ill, I'd never have known by hanging out with him. He was fun and cute and adorable, and slept through the night and went back to the babysitter's today. Let me just defend myself from all of you crying "unfair" about us taking him back today by telling you that:

a) my husband doesn't get sick time

b) i've just been off for two weeks because I had a breast reduction - and lift!!!! Yippee!!!!!

c) David is the only kid my babysitter is watching these days, so there was nobody else for him to infect.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Hi there!!

It's great to hear your son is feeling much better and you all "survived" the night as well!!
    About taking him back to the babysitter.....we all gotta do what we gotta do. And if he's the only child there and she doesn't mind, all the better!! You're sitter is every busy parents dream!! My sister's youngest daughter is sick ALL the time, and she gets unexplained fevers every couple weeks or so, but she takes still takes her to her sitter every day, ill or not. Her sitter does watch other children, but she doesn't mind watching my niece when she's not well.
    I think people get more upset with parents that try to "hide" a child's illness and send him to school or something anyways, and that's not your situation at all. Now, THOSE types of parents tick me off!!
    Anyways, glad to hear everything turned out well---as I'm sure you are too!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Take care!!!

Yay! I am so glad he wasn't sick any more!!! And you didn't have to do any of the "v* dirty work"!! Thank goodness it was over quickly!!

And, congrats on your breast reduction, I really want one!! I am so jealous!!

I dont think there is any need for you to defend yourself to us. Your son got sick and v'd a few times while he was at the sitters, its not like he was up all night last night v'ing and you sent him to the sitters. My oldest daughter got sick one time in 1st grade ........ she v'd late in the evening, twice if I remember right, but she got up the next morning and was fine and ate breakfast and it stayed down, so I sent her to school.

Oh, and congratulations on your breast reduction, I wish I could get an enlargement!!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

.............. and a tummy tuck and some lipo suction ........

I had a good friend have a reduction a few years ago, and she said it made a world of difference.

Glad your son is doing better! Guess you escaped the wicked bug the other mommies on here have dealt with. *knocks wood for you*

I could go for some lipo myself. All my fat is right in my belly. But that would require lot of $$$$$, and every emet's worst nightmare---surgery! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I LOVE my boobs....I went from a 38 H (yup, you heard correctly) to about a large C/small D. They're still pretty swollen and kind of sore, but I'm ecstatic.

And I'm willing to answer any questions about any of it. I've been showing everyone. Today, I got called into an office at work by three women I work with, one of them brand-new, and they said, "show us", so I did. The new woman said, "wow, this is the best first day at a job ever!". Sooooo funny.

And by the way, because of my shoulder and back pain, I got it all covered by our provincial health insurance. As my grandfather used to say, "it's a good country, Canada".
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Where did you get your bras? I don't think I've seen anything bigger than DD in stores. Did you order online or a catalog? That must have been very painful having a large chest. My dad's wife had a breast reduction years ago, but now she's completely flat. She likes it that way! She said after years of back pain, she's glad to be an A. I guess I wouldn't blame her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An A? Not for me. There are some specialty bra stores near me that sell 'em that big but you're quite right, at normal stores, it just isn't good for people like me.

i wish i could get a reduction, i'm a 32 D but they're causing major back and neck aches...I wish I could go back to being a 32B, I loved having smaller boobies, but I wouldn't look proportionate if i got them reduced. i'd need to lose a lot of weight before dropping my boob size!

glad to hear that your son's feeling better!