Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

After a couple of years of battling panic attacks (and a lifetime of being emet - the emet did get worse as I got older and panic attacks started), I'm starting to notice a pattern. Until I had problems with my birth control and some other girly issues, I never realized that my panic often coincides with things hormonal. And with that panic comes my emet. I'm having issues with it today and wondering if anyone else gets more panicky and emet around their period.

Best to you all!

I have discovered a major link between hormones and anxiety. Because of this I started seeing a bioidentical pharmacist. I now use progesterone cream, which seriously has done more for my anxiety than any medication ever did. I swear it's all about staying stress free and hormonally balanced.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Interesting. What is biodentical cream?

You know, I was thinking the same thing. I messed up my birth control pills really bad in addition I had a few major things going on in my life at the time (deaths - 2 of them! ARGH!) and between, not smoking, birth control pills all messed up, emet, depressed, anxious and all that jazz, I had a meltdown. I got back on my BC pills and am taking Zoloft regualrly and today I woke up feeling AWFUL!!!! I'm getting my period and I feel N*, Cramping, Cold, Hot, tired, crabby, etc...this is the worst period feeling I have had in a long time! I even had to cancel my counselor appointment today cause I couldn't get out of bed in time to get ready to go.....plus I am fighting this cold...BLEH!!!!

Anyway, I do think there is a direct link between hormones and anxiety.....weird, huh? I would totally agree with you on that!!! Hopefully, we can all beat this stupid emet some day!!!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

I am totally like that too! NOticed a pattern once my perios started to get into a pattern. It was all over the place coz of stress a couple of years ago. Now that i've noticed a pattern, say if i wake up in the middle of the night feeling n* i can now think thats prolly coz its mid month now, and as soon as i say that to myself i start to calm down and feel more relaxed and go bk to sleep.

I am also interest to find out what this progesterone cream is.

Katie

Melanie- Jeez! Talk about a lot on your plate. I hope you're eating vitamins like mad and doing your best to relax and rest. I hope you're feeling a bit better now!

I just can't believe I never saw this huge link between anxiety and my periods. Mood swings- while I get them around that time (even on BC), they're cliche and expected. For some odd reason I feel like by connecting my hormones and anxiety, I'm copping out or it's not a valid reason or something. I just hate how things hormonal for women are never seen as very serious - even by women sometimes! But you're right Kate, if you know what it is, it's easier to get through it. I just wasn't sure if I was making up links between things that didn't really have a connection.

Heh...I know that looks like a lot of stuff. It WAS....I'm doing so much better now this last week and half or so. I'm eating a lot better and I have Women's One-A-Day in my purse but now I am afraid to take it!! LOL [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]I know it's just a multi vitiamin so I won't hurt me but they are so BIG!!! heh...anyway, no I don't think that you are imagining a link between hormones and anixety. It absoluelt makes sense to me!!! Its like I posted a little while ago, I sometimes wish the whole world was emet so we would be taken more seriously!!! I wish people understood us more!

Yeah, I feel like @^&!! today but I am not freaking cause I KNOW it's from my period! That makes me feel a little calmer! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Yes, I have the same pattern. Certain times of the monthmy panic attacks come on stronger.