Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Touching Face..

Ok, so everyone says how you should not touch your face...Is it just me, or, when your hands are unclean, do you always get an itch somewhere on your face?!

I always do!!!! LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

heck yeah, u scratch or something and then notice afterwards that your hands or nails are dirty, even when i am typing here i notice i rubbed my eye while reading this...cant wash our hands 24/7 i suppose

xxMar
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I am trying not to touch my face, no matter what. If I need to scratch
    it, I'd rather use some tissue or something. Of course, at home I
    usually use my hands.
    You only live once

Hi there!!

I totally agree!! It's always when you're hands are sticky, dirty, or covered with god-knows-what when you get that maddening itch on your face. I wear contacts, and I always have the same situation with my eyes---they always drive me crazy when I haven't been able to wash my hands first and don't know what my fingers have been in close contact with. Ugh!!!

At work my neck always hurts bad and i end up resting my head and face
    on my hands...then i freak out...but i do it every time i work i
    dont know how to not when it hurts so bad
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I even tie my hair back a lot so that it doesn't make my face itch. I'm sure I look funny scratching my face or nose with the inside of my shirt or my sleeve - but that is my idea of how to "safely" scratch.

I also can't stand anyone, especially my kids, to touch my lips with their hands. I think that was true even before my emet.
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown