Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Sorry this is kind of a rant to myself.

I live like 4 blocks from my doctor's office. I want to get a flu shot so I don't really have to panic about getting infulenza this year and I have never been afraid of shots before and all of a sudden I am terrified!!! WTF??? It would take like ONE SECOND of my life!!!! DUH! How lame am I???? Ever since I got my belly button pierced and passed out from that after I left the tattoo/piercing place I have been terrified of EVERYTHING that has to do with needles!!! I had 3 tattoos before that and NOTHING ever happend...I have had flu shots before and nothing ever happened!! ARGH!! Why am I freakin??? I could come right back home afterwards and be "safe" WTF??? [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]I am afraid of passing out again..thats my problem!! HELP!Edited by: 1scareddj
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Aww, you won't pass out from a shot. Think about it a peircing says it all it peirces, goes completely thru. A shot is a quick, barely anything poke. If you got the tattoos w/o passing out and have never but w/ the navel piercing than I'd say you're gonna be fine w/ a shot. Besides when you had your belly button done it could have just been coincidence and a combo of things that led up to it and the peircing was the last straw. You'll do fine! And you don't suck, you're just scared.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

LMAO! That last line made me laugh! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Thanks for that! I'm due for my period today (which is still hasn't started yet...grr) so I am a little edgy...gotta love PMS!

Did you do it??? Were you a okay?
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a question: Doesn't the flu give you some symptoms?? (like v* namely??) I can get one for free, but I'm scared to!
    <3 So many pretty parts and no pretty wholes <3

No I didn't do it yet...Friday!! LOL *I hope*

I have had flu shots before and I never v* from them....I'm just afraid I will pass out is all...it's so stupid,.....I was never afraid before![img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

actually i just got my flu shot last week. i waited in the waiting room for about 20 mins they finally called my name took me back didnt even have me sit down jus put the needle in and took it out and said i was done. i swear to you i did not even feel it go in. youll be fine! i had to look at the needleto make sure she didnt forget to inject it. so the total time in the drs office...22 mins.
    visit me here
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.