Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: What sort of meds do you take?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • None. I deal with panic and n * myself

14 28.00%
  • I use some natural remedies eg ginger

3 6.00%
  • I am on prescription anti anxiety meds

18 36.00%
  • I take some anti n* pills when I feel sic

10 20.00%
  • I take many a

5 10.00%

Thread: Meds?

I was just wondering how many of us here used medication to deal with n* or anxiety or just did the best with our natural methods. I don't like taking medication for anxiety because I want to go through all my emotions and be fully aware of them so that I learn how to deal with them, and I don't usually take anti emetics because I know I would just start eating them like skittles every day and I don't want to become reliant. What about everyone else?

Ooops sorry guys I pressed enter to fast and can't edit my poll!
    My last option was going to be "I take many anti emetics when I feel ill"Edited by: x hannah x

I am on Zoloft for my anxiety/depression and I have Xanax for when I totally lose it in a panic attack or I feel one coming on....I hate this..I wish I were normal
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

i take LOTS of meds, antidepressants and stuff for my stomach and all sorts of things and anti emetics so i take many a pill

\"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

beileve it or not i take alot of crap but none to help my stomach. i used to take 28 pills a day for lifting... now im on accutane (the acne medication) and i cant take anything with that.
    visit me here
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Just anti-depressants which help with both depression and anxiety.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I take Wellbutrin for depression/anxiety & adult ADD. Seems to help all of those some - makes it tolarable anyway. I also have Lorazapam (Ativan) for when I really freak out. I have also taken ginger, when I have an upset stomach. I think it helps a lot. In the past I've taken kava kava (not sure if they sell it anymore - but it was more effective than anything I've taken).

I'm pretty open about being on meds if anyone wants my opinion. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] I've also tried Lexapro, Cellexa, Zoloft - think that is it. ??
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

I take ginger and peppermint when I feel sick.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Im on zoloft for depression/anxiety, and I take phenergan when I feel n*. I try to limit my antiemet intake, tho.

I'm on Celexa for anxiety, I've been on it since I was 9. But I've recently cut back to taking only half the pill and I don't seem to be getting any worse. Which is great! I don't like taking it though... the doctor's making me.Which is stupid. I believe that anxiety is all in the head and that no medication can help.

I used to take Xanax whenever I had a panick attack but it never helped. My panic attacks were always so severe that no medication would help. I'd just get worse and more n* *knocks wood* I don't get panic attacks much anymore. The last time I had one that I can really remember was umm... July. which is good for me, since i usually average about 1 every 2 months.

ima soldier lol i just face it on my own , but i must admit that a do sometimes eat gum when extreamly nauseated.

Default Re: Meds?

I take 100mg of Sertraline nightly, and have been on it for almost 7 years.

Default Re: Meds?

I used to be on antidepressants. I have developed an allergy to them now though. They swell my toung and throat. I have fibromyalgia so I take vitamins for that. I have xanax for sleep and for panic attacks. I have anti-emetics for n*. I will wait at least 20 minutes after taking the xanax if I feel n* before I take the phenergan. I try to make sure it is real n* not phantom or panic induced be for taking that.