Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: HELP PLEASE :(

So I feel like Ive got this weird cold. Well, I don't know what it is. But one of the symptoms is really bad hot/cold flashes (but no fever), and a huge lump in my throat, and it keeps making me want to v* it out. Im flipping out. What can I do? The lump won't go away...

Im crying so bad, and my boyfriend only just started work and won't be home for another 9 hours. I just had to call in sick to work. AHHHHH. Please help me...

Also something I should note is that we're out of groceries so I've had very little food in the last day or two, Im supposed to go shopping today but I can't even stand up without feeling awful...

Hi there!!

I'm sorry you're feeling so awful---there are alot of nasty colds out there these days.
    When I'm first coming down with one I always feel kind of strange. A little tired, drained, and I ususally get what I call a "roof of the mouth" sore throat. It always seems to make me feel kind of n* too, even though it's just a cold. Maybe that's exactly what's happening to you too.
    Also, if you've not been eating much lately that could be making you feel worse. Is there a store close by you can run to?? If you just cannot bear to go shopping, is there someone else that can go for you and pick up a few things?? Or here in the US we have delivery services like Peapod that will deliver groceries right to your house (for a fee of course!!).
    Try to relax in the meantime---watch a good movie or show, take a hot bath and so forth. It really doesn't sound like you have a sv* or anything that will make you v*.
    Hope this helps and hope you feel better!!!

Im sorry your not feeling good. I too get just an odd tired drained bleh feeling when I have a cold coming on. Sometimes I feel nauseas too (even with a cold), and I think its just part of the general not feeling good. The last time I kinda had a cold, I too got that feeling in my throat like there was something lodged in it and it lasted all day. Its ok tho, very very slim chance you'll get sick (actually more like non existant chance!). Just chill at home today.

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling badly. Before this came on, were you stressed out or anxious about anything? Because I know when I get really anxious, I get a feeling like there is a lump in my throat or a strange sensation that I want to gag, but of course nothing comes of it. I also get hot/cold flashes, but when I take my temp, it's normal. It could just be that you are in an anxious state right now. Try to relax as much as possible.

I get that lump in the throat thing, too, and it is so annoying! You just have to remember that anxiety does cause this, and so does phlegm from a cold. It won't make you v*. Hope you feel better!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Hi Phobos...

I know that with strep throat usually you feel a lump in your throat, that is a main sign, do yo uhave asore throat? I just wanted to say, if you research strep throat it MIGHT say ving as a symptom, don't freak, SOME children get sick with it, but not adults, it just makes you feel lousy. So if you see that dreaded symptom please don't feak. Plus I don't know maybe your just run down, or have some phlegm?

Hun I had this samething, except I wasn't sick at all, my mom had been sick a few days before me feelings like this and of course I thought I'd catch it but never did.. first it started out with a weird feeling in my stomache and then the lump in the throat started panicing, and then the hot flashes and the chills, I honestly felt sick I'm lke I know I have something I just know, I couldnt' sit down or lay back cause everytime I did it would get worse and worse, I kept having to swallow from the lump in my throat it wouldn't go away and I was so tired, allI kept thinking was I got the flu from my mom, finally I just got so tired i couldn't deal anymore I feel asleep and woke up fine, sometimes your mind plays funny tricks on you and you beleive you actually feel like s*** when you really don't, your mind creates things that aren't real, if you don't have a fever and you have the chills and hot spells it's def anxiety cause I didn't have a fever either..... and it could be just a starting of a cold, and your thinking about it so much your making symptoms that aren't really there.. Just relax you will be fine! Honestly if I thought it was an SV i'd tell you but I really don't think it is, stop worrying it only makes it worse your feeding it

thanks for all the support guys, I made it through fine[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] It turned into some sort of nasty ear infection, it wasn't pretty. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your responses!