Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have noticed this a couple of times before but I am not sure what is
    the reason. When I get very anxious about something (usually related to
    v* but not only), I get temperature and sometimes even quite high[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]
    How can this be? I mean do any of you have this thing happen to you? It
    seems a bit weird to me. Like today I knew I had to go to this birthday
    at a restaurant and I was very very anxious about this because I did
    not feel like going. And suddenly I felt that I was very hot, so I
    decided to check my temperature..and to my surprise it was very high.
    But nothing else is wrong with me. It seems purely psychological...[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

You only live once

I used to freak out about my temperature all the time so i started do research about things that can effect and make it go up even when you don't have a fever. there are actually quite a few. Number one is stress. Sleep habits can make it go haywire, pms, ovulation, taking a hot shower, certain foods, smoking, dehydration.

I did an experiment for about a month. Everytime I got anxious or had a panic attack, I would take my temp. it was usually around 99.5 to 100.3 depending on the severity of my anxiety. My body temp is normally 98.1 so it goes up almost 2 whole degrees when I am anxious. That would explain my burning cheeks and ears and the sweating. But once i calm down, my temp returns to normal with in 30 minutes or so. Try

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a friend who is a comedian/hypnotist and he said that is very easy to do. If you've ever seen a comedian/hypnotist one of the things they tell their "subjects" is that the room is very hot. They will start panting &sweating. Their body temps are going up.It all has to do with the power of your brain. It's amazing what your brain can do. I just wish I could control mine all the time!
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

This should be good news to those who continually take their temperature and if it rises, fear they are sick.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

yes, it's certainly possible. I literally start perspiring like crazy (actual drops...) when i'm that anxious

When I'm anxious I always get too hot, it makes me get claustrophobic.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

When you become real anxious your blood pressure goes up, your heart beats faster, and temperature rises...so its definitely possible. Your body temp fluctuates throughout the day anyway and its highest in the evening.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Anxiety and stress do A LOT to your body!Edited by: madisonsmom