Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi there!!

Last night my 9-year-old son was complaining that his tummy hurt, even though he ate like a little piggy before and after he told me. This morning it was worse and he had a very sore throat and fever on top of it ---took him to his doctor and it's strep. I guess 6 other kids in his class are out with it too, so no surprise there!!
    Anyways, she put him on Amoxicillin, and (of course!!) I'm wondering if it's going to make him v*. He v*ed once years ago when he was on Augmentin for a nasty ear infection, and now I'm kind of worrying he'll do it again.
    Has any other moms out there had experiences with Amoxicillin or any other antibiotic?
    I know it's kind of ridiculous to worry about it now, but I can't help it. I should be feeling horrible that my son is ill but here I am worrying about him v*ing.......oh, hell!!!!
    Thanks for listening!!

I practically LIVED on amoxil when I was a kid - never threw up from it once. the most common side effect is diarreha though so don't be suprised if he ends up with that.

it can make kids really tired too - I know it was that way for me.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Sorry your son is ill. My kids have had amoxicillin alot and neither of them have ever v* from it. Why not ask the doc or pharmacist whether it's ok to take it with food, to minimise any stomach irritation.

Hope he feels better soon.

amoxil is good,,,,just make she he eats a little something wit hit. poor baby
    This is Katsamsmom....and i am no longer able to access that account
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email me

I'm the same as babydoll, amoxicillin was like vitamins for me, i never had a bad reaction to it, although funnily enough augmentin made me very sick
    Im so sorry to hear your son is sick, the poor thing. I'm sure he will be ok

The meds should kick in soon so he should be on the mend

Good luck hon

xxMar

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I don't know about kids because I don't have any but I have taken both amox and augmentin. I had no side effects at all from the augmentin, and the amox just made me a little tired and get a small headache. I would definitely give him the amox with food. Taking antibiotics should always be done about 15 minutes after a meal. It will surely help to prevent any stomach irritatiion.

I just found something that you might be interested in. I was at the pharmacy the other day to pick up a perscription, my friend came in and told me that she needed Florajen. I had never heard of it before so I asked the pharmacist what it was and he gave me a flyer about it. I guess you take it when you are taking antibiotics and it's supposed to relieve the D* cause one pill is like 10 cups of yogurt or something.....I don't know if it's only for women or not but it looks promising....maybe google it or something but it's called FLORAJEN

I hope your little man is feeling better....I hate strep throat, how awful!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

When I was a kid I used to LOVE getting sick with colds and stuff because I absolutely loved the pink bubblegum flavored amoxill!! It never ever once bothered me, not even d*! Now the Augmentin...I was put on that last year and it knocked the crap outta me. I actually had sto stop taking it because it made me really dizzy and it made me feel like I was high or something....eww..not fun! But Amoxil should be fine!!! I hope your son feels better soon!!!! FH just developed a nasty cold yesterday Poor baby was up all night with the shakes and a cold sweat...he's at the doctors right now! Tis the season! Everyone bundle up and stay clean!!

Ewww! I hated the bubble gum flavored antibiotic liquid. It was all thick and bubbly. Gross! I forced my mom to teach me to swallow pills when I was 8 for that reason.

However, your son should be fine. When I was a child we actually found out that I'm allergic to amoxicillin after I took it, and even then I didn't v* it, so your son should probably be fine and the antibiotic will make him feel a lot better soon.

I've taken it and it didn't make me ill at all! I usually took it before bed with a small mug of milk. I hope your son feels better soon, strep is awful.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

ooo I took Amoxicillin (sp?) years ago for acne, and i LOVED it. I loved the way it tasted. By the way, I took the chewables. i loved them, never had a bad reaction to it.

Now Augmenton (sp again probably).... hmm... well the liquid version, I loved the taste, the pills, NOOO haha they seriously gave me depression, I only took them for a couple days before the doctor decided to switch me to the liquid. I can't stand pills, especially horse pills. I seriously thought I was gonna v* everytime I had to take them (I took them for a sinus infection, by the way). One time my mom took augmenton for a chronic sinus infection, and ... she took it for about a week, and on her last day before she quit taking it, she had d* 8 times in one day. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Hi there!!

Thank you so, so much for all the replies!! I feel 110 percent better after reading them---you all are amazing!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] It seems like alot of our little ones our sick lately--what's up with that???
    He seems to be feeling quite a bit better this evening---I never thought I'd be so happy to have him driving me crazy again, but I am!!! It's so horrible to see them ill, and once they start running and yelling and getting into mischief you KNOW they're on the mend.
    I've also been giving him the Amoxil with food, just in case. And he actually loves to take it because of the bubble gum taste (thank goodness for that!!)
    Thanks again everyone for all the kind words and reassurance.....it really means alot to me!!

Hey, glad your son is feeling better. And I bet I know the reason why the kids are getting sick...it's winter and they spend their days in the germ factories otherwise known as schools.
    I have a cold right now, and I have no doubt I caught on campus. But just think, we'll all get a break from that soon over Christmas.