Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok so i went to have lunch today, and had the woman running the grill make me a philly cheese stake...she first picked up the raw meat in her hand and threw it on the grill...then when it was done...she stuck the same hand in a bag to get a bun, used that hand to open the bun, and placed the meat she cooked on the grill inside the bun, picking up the meat with the grill spatula. She placed the meat in the bun then onto my plate...does that pass sanitation procedures? It sure doenst seem like it would...I did eat part of it...but only the meat inside the bun, do you think that was ok to just eat the meat? Or should i have thrown the whole thing away??

umm... I'm confused. Did she wash her hands before she touched the bun? If she didn't, then yes, that would be a violation

Hi there!

Did she wear gloves at all? Was the meat pre-cooked or completely raw?? Yuck.
    Either way it's pretty gross. I'm sure you'll be fine eating just the meat but I think she needs to be taught proper and safe food handling techniques. Not for herself but for all the people she's serving and cooking food for.
    If I were you I'd take a pass on that particular restaurant or if you really like it there speak up and let her know how unsanitary her procedures are. Doesn't she realize she could get ill too?
    I had a McDonald's worker openly sneeze on my fries and try to hand them to me. She actually had the gall to give me a dirty look when I asked her for fresh ones!
    Anyways, I'm sure you'll be fine---you only ate the meat part of it and didn't eat the "yucky" bun.
    Hope this helps!!Edited by: christianne