Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, I am reading this book right now called "Hope and Help For Your Nerves" by Claire Weekes and here is a little blurb from page 55 that I thought might be of some help!

Fear of Vomiting

Many nervously ill people are haunted by fear of vomiting in public, but I have not yet met one who has actually done this. Many have gagged gently to themselves or have hurriedly left the hall to gag in the lane outside, but vomit food--no. This is remarkable when we realize that short of putting his finger down his throat, a nervous person could hardly stimulate his stomach, abdominal, and throat muscles more than he does by his tense, anxious control of them. It is not as easy for a healthy stomach to vomit food as one imagines.

If the nervously ill person were to let go and give up the struggle to try not to vomit, his muscles would gradually relax and vomiting would even be LESS likely. If he does not vomit while tensely on guardm he certainly will not do so when he relaxes and lowers that guard, and how much more cmofortable he will be.

WOW!! I am glad I bought this book! LOL

I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

So basically, since most of the instances in which emets feel nauseous it's from anxiety...we'd feel better if we relaxed.
    Edited by: chicajojobe

Hmm sounds like a good book to check out. Did you buy it or get it at the library?

That sounds awesome! Thank you o much for sharing!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I bought it from Amazon.com it was only 6.99!

very intresting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hmmm....i need this book. I'm working on my self talk attitude and such. I usually hate malls and stores over the holidays....I get so nervous...this would be helpful to remember!

melissarene - I am on the chapter about being afriad to go to the store right now! Seriously, this is a really good book!

The book is Hope and Help For Your Nerves by Claire Weekes

It was written in like the 60's or something....some of the 'lingo' is kinda outdated but it's still a very good book!

Thanks 1scareddj! I think I just went over to amazon.com and ordered it. It sounds like just what I need to hear. Especially since I got too panicked to go to the store today!

Default Re: Hey! This is encouraging!!!

bump! I bought this book a week or two ago and have been reading it, very helpful book.
    \'Meow!\' for goodness sake! Scratch, scratch, scratch. (Lightly of course)

Wow thanks for sharing! This has given me some more hope! =]
    I'm guilty of being innocent

i'm getting this book....thanks
    how i feel about emet