Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

AGH!! My sister has 2 boys, aged 9 and 8 mos. Well, I stopped by w/ Aidan on Friday afternoon to see her and she told me that Christian the 9 year old had been sick w/ a bug on Wednesday. She said he felt sick that day and thought he was going to v*, but never did. Then she came over to my house yesterday (Sat.) with the boys. Christian had a bout of d* in our bathroom, said his tummy hurt before he had it, but felt fine after, he ate crackers and then we got pizza and he ate 3 slices as well as salad. THen my sister proceeds to tell me that the 8 mo. old had spit up/v'ed (more than spit up but less than an actual stomach emptying v*) 6 times the day before--hello, the day that Aidan and I had stopped by!!!And he spit up in the floor of Aidan's bedroom last night.So now I am really worried. I don't know if Christian's d* was a residual from feeling nauseous all day Wed. and if the baby was sick from catching it and will my kids be next???????

Im sorry to hear about your recent experience, why dont people stay away when their children are sick or warn you so you dont visit!!!

I cant offer any advice but will send lots of good thoughts your way and hope you and your family all stay well.

Laney xxx

Poor you. It is horrible when things like this happen and it could have been avoided. Your sister should have told you that her children were unwell before visiting you. I hope you and your family stay well.

Thanks. I got so scared last night. Logan, my 6 yr. old thought SHE was going to v*, she went into the bathroom twice. SHe didn't eat any dinner, either and fell asleep as soon as she was in bed. SHe now says her throat hurts, but I sent her to school anyway. Am I a bad mom???

NOooooo....you're a normal mom. we call it "waiting for the call" and everyone I know does it.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Your not a bad mom...if I kept my kids home every day they complained of a sore throat, they would never be in school! How are the kids doing now? I hate this time of the year!

Well, we may have been exposed again. WE went to my mom's THurs. for Thanksgiving and all of my sisters were there, and one of mysisters is married to an army man, who is stationed in Texas til Christmas time (he's going to Officer's Training there) and they hadn't seen each other in 2 mos. and he flew in for Thanksgiving, too. The next day I talked to her and she had been nauseous all day and had v'ed once (mass quantities, she said!). Well, she had already asked me to watch her boys so that she and her husband could go ona date alone on Sat.night. Little did I know that all day Sat. she had d*, then they came and dropped the boys off. I was nervous because Aidan got out some of the baby's snacks and ate some and of course, my sister had touched them and I was so afraid of the germs. WEll, my older nephew ended up spending the night because my BIL had to be at the airport EARLY Sun. morning and he didn't want to go. I woke up Sun. to the sounds of my sister &amp; her baby at 7:30 Sun. morning. SHe took a nap in Haley's bed and spent all day here. I am just still worried. . .I know the chances are remote, but still!!!!

I know how you feel...the waiting game is the worst part. I hope you will all stay well, there's a good chance of it.

I am here with you right now...I am playing the darn emet waiting game to see if I come down with the terrible crud that my husband's grandmother had this weekend (and I was in her house and taking care of her ALL weekend.) We'll get through this...I am here for you...it must be much more difficult having kiddos to look after and having the fear not only for yourself getting it, but also your kiddos. I am sure the chances are really small for you guys getting it....if it was an sv*, it sounds like a really insignificant one.
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

Oh I hope things will be ok. I can't stand this time of year!!