Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

I have just picked up reading again and have been stuck on James Patterson and Nora Roberts books, does anyone have a favorite book they would recommend?
    Christi
    *^**^***^****^*****^******^**
    Proud Mommy to Zachary

I am a book nut...constantly reading. That being said, it's hard to narrow down favorites. I love anything by Bentley Little~it just sucks you in. Poppy Z. Brite is awesome, although her books are a little harder to find. Oh, and Patricia Cornwell...mmm, Patricia Cornwell. Good stuff.
    Be Here Now

I like Dan Brown's books. I find them very hard to put down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi there!!

I'm absolutely hooked on Elizabeth Berg's novels, especially "Open House". She mostly writes about women and heartache, something I can definitely relate to!! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    A few of my other favorites are "The Lovely Bones" and "Lucky" by Alice Sebold and "Back Roads" from Tawni O'Dell. They're all definitely worth checking out!

Anything by Dean Koontz.

<center>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </center>

I agree Elizabeth Berg is one of the best writers of women I have ever read. I love her books. I also like Augusten Burroughs, and J.K Rowling of course.

Songs in Ordinary time was really good too, although it takes afew chapters in before you really get into it, and also White Oleander was one of my favourites.

"I know this much is true" Wally Lamb

"Here on earth" Alice Hoffman

"Drowning Ruth" Christina Schwarz

\"This too shall pass\"

the other boleyn girl by philippa gregory is my favorite book!

but if you're looking for good fluff i highly recommend the boy next door by meg cabot (boy meets girl, and every boys got one are by her too and are also pretty good) and diary of a mad bride and diary of a mad mom to be by laura wolf...as i said they are pretty fluffy (if you know what i mean) but they are funny as hell

Quote Originally Posted by shiva

"I know this much is true" Wally Lamb

"Here on earth" Alice Hoffman

"Drowning Ruth" Christina Schwarz

Oh, how could I forget Wally Lamb? "I Know This Much Is True" was incredible (being a twin it really hit home!!) and so is "She's Come Undone". Incredible novel......couldn't believe a man had written such an amazing book from a woman's point of view. Both of those novels made me cry! [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img] Edited by: christianne

Thank you for the input! I have heard many people comment about Elizabeth Berg, I will try her out
    Christi
    Proud Mommy to Zachary

Now don't laugh...But my favorite books in the entire world are Star and Star Struck by Pam Anderson! When I bought her first one, I bought it as a joke, something to laugh at because I figured it would be horrible...but the more and more I read, the more and more I couldnt not put it down! They are both fabulous books! A deffinate must if your into the racey stuff!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

"The DaVinci Code" and "Angels and Demons"...LOVE THEM LOVE THEM LOVE THEM!!!! Also, anything by J.R.R. Tolkien. ^_^

Anything by Marian Keyes...Ive laughed so hard at some of her books Ive actually cried.
    All your winter sorrows, hang em out to dry, throw em away gotta throw em away my friend...cos the good times..they\'re comin around again!!!

LMAO! Pam Anderson wrote a book! I'll have to check it out
    Christi
    Proud Mommy to Zachary