Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: college

i am a freshman in college and i am living on campus. i am so paranoid all the time about getting sick! my roommates both know about my emet so they promised they'd tell me the second they got sick. but i still HATE sharing a room with people and sharing a bathroom with a bunch of random people. i am so sick of being paranoid. i was on zoloft a while ago but then went off of it and was doing much better. but i had to go back on when i got to college because it's just so stressful to always being worrying about getting sick. anyone have any suggestions for good ways to prevent germs in a college setting? i wash my hands after i use the bathroom and then use hand sanitizer when i get back to my room so any germs from the doorhand will be gone. i use clorox wipes on the door handle to the room, my keyboard, my phone etc. every so often. this time of year freaks me out anyway because of all the germs but now that i'm in this environment i'm soooo scared!

CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!! lol, I'm constantly cleaning because im terrified of Germs! My FH is sitting next to me right now and he's as sick as a dog and I keep spraying lysol everywhere!!! Keep washing your hands and just make sure your roomates do too!! College can be a great experience,try to have fun!!!

I dont have any advice because this is exactly why I didnt go to
    college.. lol...sad I know. But I have stayed at my friends dorm and
    I hated the whole week I was there...I couldn't go poop because i was
    so scared to use the bathroom...it made things so not fun. There are
    girls on here that live in dorms and such and they can tell you how
    they cope.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

this my largest fear for going to college. I'd really like to go to college, especially the UW, once I'm outta high school, but it'll be SO SCARY... I mean, i'll be sharing a room with random people. And no1 keeps as clean as I do....well that's what it seems like lol. So I might just end up living with some of my relatives that live near the U

It seems like you are doing all you can to keep from getting sick. I didnt get sick AT ALL when I lived in the dorms (not even a cold, which really surprised me). Take vitamins, eat as healthy as you can, and get plenty of rest. You can make it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i hope i'm as lucky as you angele803...and thanks for the advice guys

I lived in the dorms at college for 2 years and never got sick either. You will be absolutely fine. As long as you're washing your hands in the restrooms and taking normal precautions, you can't do any more than that. Don't let this fear control your life. Have fun!!!