Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So, I was writing about my realtionship in another post in the Private Forum and I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread about our Significant Others and tell how we met and all! And for people who don't have one right now, tell us what your dream date would be like!!

My FH and I met online 4 years ago. It was a really rough time for me because my Father had just passed away, I was getting ready to move away from the home I had lived in for 13 years, my mom and I were ALWAYS fighting, and school was horrible. I was going through a severe depression and I planned on comitting suicide that night. I was going to take 3 bottles of my mothers pills...I dont even know what kind they were but I figured if I took enough of them, it would do the trick. So before I did it, I signed online around 8 pmto send an email to everyone telling them what I was doing. All of a sudden, and Instant message popped out, and it was my friend from NY who I had met at camp the summer before! She started going on and on about this cute guy who she had recently befriended and wanted me to talk to him for her and see if he liked her. I decided to do it since one last good deed couldnt hurt, little did I know I wouldn't be going anywhere that night!

I started talking to him and he seemed like a really cool guy. We exchanged pics and stuff but finally I asked him if he liked my friend...he said he only liked her as a friend, but he was VERY interested in getting to know me better. I had only planned on talking to him for a few minutes more...but minutes turned in to hours and hours turned in to 6 am. And pretty soon I forgot all about my plan to kill myself..I was smiling and laughing for the first time in God knows how long

So we talked for a few months as friends and then when we knew we couldnt deny how we felt about each other, we decided to try a Long Distance Relationship. We talked on the phone every single day and before I knew it, we were saying "I love you" to each other. I always used to feel uncomfortable when guys I hadn't been dating fora while said they loved me...but with him it just felt right.

Eventually we met in person a few times and thats when we really fell in love. We shared out first kiss on my front porch at 3 am on May 30, 2003 (is it sad thatI remember the exact date and time? lol) and later on, he moved to my town just so we could be together...4 years later, were engaged and planning an April 2008 wedding!!! He doesn't beilieve it, but he saved my life on that night that we met...and for that I will always love him.So thats our story!! Whats everyone elses?!?! hehe!Edited by: tootpla

aww, that's soo sweet! So you were 13 when you first met? I'm currently in a pretty interesting relationship right now with a friend's friend online. He's so sweet, and he always tells me that he's saving his first kiss and everything for me. We're possibly going to get married someday, but not anytime soon, as we're still too young. He's four years older than me, but he's definitely willing to wait. He's a really sweet man, and he's great with computers.

That reminds me of the email about the kid who helps another kid w/ all his books and they become best friends and turns out the kid was going to kill himself but the other one helped him. That is so awesome! We never really know the difference we make (well in your fiance's case he does).
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Let's see...I have been with my boyfriend Scott, for about a year and half now...and let me tell you this is the man of my dreams!!

How we met: I was in a relationship, actually living with another guy. This other guy did not treat me very well, he was always out running around on me. And at this time in my life, I was always home I had been laid off and I was sick, just getting over my surgeries. Well one night my ex was out, my neighbor was having a bonfire. That's when I first saw Scott. He walked out of his truck and I thought to myself, this is going to be the man I am going to marry!! Not much happened that night, he barely even noticed me, in fact he knew the guy I was dating/living with. So we all made plans to go out the following weekend for my neighbors birthday. That night after I met Scott, I called my sister and told her I just met the guy I was going to marry, and I knew nothing about this guy...I just knew I was going to be with him.

Well, the following weekend, I thanked God my current boyfriend was going to be out of town. I dolled myself up to go to the bar for my neighbor's birthday. I even got my hair cut and highlighted!! Well we get there, and no Scott. After about an hour he finally showed, and I talked to him the most of the night. He knew I had a boyfriend, but I made it quite clear I was not happy. Well by the end of the night Scott shook my hand good-bye and I asked him if he wanted my number and he said no...if he wanted to get a hold of me he would. I was crushed!!!

Well, the next day, what do you know my phone rings...and it was Scott. He got my number from my neighbor, we went out to lunch the next day, and soon after that I moved back home with my parents, and we have been togther ever since!! He is the most wonderful, supportive, senstitive, good-looking, kindest, funny man I have ever met in my entire life. I truley believe he is my soul mate, and he is my best friend. He is the only reason why I now believe in love at first sight....Scotty I love you!!!

MicheleEdited by: mitch04133

My boyfriend and I met a year and a half ago. I was a freshman and he
    was a junior(in high school). We were in the same drama class and
    started doing scenes together. HE had his first gf named Danielle,
    while I was with my first bf named Chris. We both got dumped around the
    same time and were kind of support systems for one another. After
    realizing that we liked each other, he asked me out

Lol, a week later, he broke up with me. I dont know what I was
    thinking, and I continued to filirt and hook up and hang out with him.
    After awhile, he asked me out agian. Its funny how much things can
    change though. We are both totally different people. Now I KNOW he
    loves me. I love how open we are, I tell him everything. I could fart
    in his face and he would smile at me.

He is 18 years old, and an EMT. He is in school to be a firefighter.
    Last Christmas, he bought me a 1200 $ ring, and asked me to marry him.
    Since he was graduating, I said yes...Kinda a dumb reason, but he is
    older, and I love him.

Its funny cuase even though im only 16 and a junior, I know I want to
    be with him the rest of my life. I know he will take care of me.

<3 So many pretty parts and no pretty wholes <3

These stories are so heartfelt, it's like reading the pages out of a diary of some deceased widow recapturing the most beautiful moment in her life... or something like that (I'm bad with descriptions). =P

I'm 18, and my boyfriend is 24. I met him through a friend, who surprisingly, was my ex. He would go on and on about this guy he knew and how they talked a lot. I was hardly interested, because if this guy was a friend of my ex, he was obviously bad news. Surprisingly, however, we were out shopping and this guy met up with us. Immediately, I fell head-over-heels. Like those cliché romance poems you read with a Kleenex pressed to your nose, my heart throbbed. He was so attractive, so courteous, completely opposite of my ex.

I must have been emitting some fierce body heat as if drowned by a fever, because my ex had asked if I needed to sit down. Haha! Anyhow, once I was able to breathe normally, I knew I wanted to become part of his life, any way possible. Just the sound of his voice spiraled me into oblivion, and when he said my name I puddled. We chatted casually (or at least they did, I couldn't stop fidgeting). He introduced himself as Justin. I remember I kept repeating the name in my head to be prepared for the wedding vowels. But anyway, a long story short, we exchanged numbers and he called out of the blue one day. We chatted a lot, then finally got together. We broke up once, actually, and at the time I did not feel as if he really liked me as I had hoped until the aftermathof that breakup he was overwhelmed with grief and jealousy at the other boys I spoke to, that I knew immediately when I saw him cry...

He was the one.

We got back together, and have been happily an item since. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Edited by: chemicalemotion

<center>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </center>

i was freshly divorsed....4 months pgreggers and needed a job. an old friend was the manager and hired me on the spot. 3 weeks later we were going out. needless to say in a 12 month span we had a baby girl (which he has adopted) and got married. that was 12 years ago...and coming up on our 12 year anniversary!!!
    This is Katsamsmom....and i am no longer able to access that account
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email me

Zach and I were introduced by my best friend, back in January of '05. At the time, she was looking for a boyfriend but didn't want to date anyone online. She had met Zach online, and I guess he was really into her, but she didn't like him that way. So, after she set me up on a couple of blind dates with her friends, she finally introduced me to him. Zach and I would talk online and on the phone at least once a day, until we decided to meet up at the mall next to my house. I took my brother with me, so I could see if someone in my family would like him right away, since they never liked any of my past boyfriends. We met, walked around the mall, and amazingly he gave me a HUGE hug before we left. I still felt like I had screwed up somehow and he didn't like me.

Well, I was dead wrong. Later that night, he came online and I asked him what he thought of me. He said I seemed like I was everything he had been looking for, but he didn't ask me out. I invited him to come watch me bowl in my league the following Saturday, and he did. My dad, of course, was there watching me. They met, and while I was up bowling, Zach asked my dad if he could take me on a date. I guess he earned my father's respect right then and there.

We shared our first kiss on January 31st, 2005. He bought me a sterling silver diamond heart pendant that same day. I couldn't believe it. I still wear it every day and night. I haven't taken it off since he got it for me.

On August 5th of 2005, I moved out of my parent's house to be with him. It was sudden, I packed up all my stuff and left in the middle of the night. My parents had gone to Atlantic City, NJ for the weekend.

The day after Christmas last year, he came into my job (Hannaford Supermarket), and hid the engagement ring behind some stuff he was buying. I almost threw it into a bag! We were just chatting like we normally do when he comes to my line and when I saw the box he said "Oh, and by the way, will you marry me?" I started crying and shaking and I jumped over my register and grabbed him and said yes. That night we went to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and we have tickets to see them again on December 22nd this year.

We've had our ups and downs but all in all, it's been a wonderful relationship so far. I really can't wait for us to get married and I can't wait for us to start our own family. I love him with all my heart and Lauren (my best friend at the time who introduced us) is still my savior. If it wasn't for her, we would have never met, and my life wouldn't be as wonderful as it is.

Such lovely stories people[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I had just broken upwith my ex after 2 years adn had just turned 20. Decided to go clubbing with my friends and one of them knew this gang of lads, i got talking to one of them and we all went back to their place for a party afterward, me and patrick ended up sitting on the stairs talking for the night, i found out he was after getting out of a realtionship a week ago too, we decided to go out and in both our minds it was just a rebound thing, but one night i stayed in his place, it was after about 2 weeks of seeing eachother, and i never went home, four years later we are still going strong, he drives me mad at times but he is the best.

As my mother says, dont think are the someone u can live with, think are they someone u can live without

xxMar

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Oh What BEAUTIFUL stories everyone!! It makes me wanna go through the dating and getting to know each other proccess again!!! So..Engagement stories anyone??

I had 2 proposals! The first one, he and I were snuggled up in bed getting ready to go to sleep when he just started talking about the future and about marriage and families and stuff. So after about an hour of that, we just decided to get engaged. There was no getting down on one knee, no ring, nothing. He just said...Lets get married!! I didn't care that there was no official proposal, the point was that I was marrying him! Still..it just didnt feel complete.

About 2 months later, I went to go have lunch with him while he was on his break at work (Hes the manager of the Electronics deaprtment at Walmart). Well as I was walking towards the electronics department, I started to notice all the employees looking and smiling and giggling at me. A few of them would even run back to his office (I learned later they were on "look out" for me!) When I got back to the department, I was looking around for him when all of a sudden, our song started playing over the loudspeakers. I then looked at all the TV screens that were set up and all of them were flashing "Ashley,Will you Marry me?"Then I saw him come out with 2 dozen roses, and handed them to me, gave me a kiss on the cheek and got down on one knee and proposed to me with the engagement ring I had been eyeing for YEARS! I was in such shock I didnt do anything for the first 5 minutes until I finally came out with a blubbering YES! lol. Nick then proceeded to scream and shout "WOOOOOHOOO SHE SAID YESSSS!!!!!!!" Everyone started cheering and clapping for us and then his boss came over the loudspeaker and said "CongratulationsNick and Ashley on your engagement!" It was such a wonderful moment and a story that I can't wait to tell the kids!!

Wow---great stories!!! I'm a sucker for romance, but mine isn't exactly romantic I guess:

I was working as a cocktail waitress in a strip club to make good $$$ quickly, because I had just decided to divorce my ex and needed $$$ to move out with my kids. Well, there was a customer (hubby John) who came in with his friend who was going through a painful divorce. I started talking to John about his friend, trying to be a good person, listening to his story. I brought them drinks at the happy hour price, things like that, to make them happy. Well, I was not romantically interested in any of the guys at Johns table, including John himself.

When I went up and stood by the bar, looking out at all of my tables, John came up and talked to me, teling me about HIS recent divorce also. I remember thinking, "....ugh, I hope this short bald guy with this dorky shirt doesn't think I LIKE him or anything....I wish he'd leave me alone......". I was annoyed by him, but then he came back the next night, and every night after that. He proved to be a really nice guy, helping me get through my divorce, and was a really good friend. So after 2 weeks of talking on the phone and in person, he really started to grow on me. He proved to me that looks aren't everything....that genuinely nice guy can become very "attractive" because of his personality. I didn't kiss him or anything else until I was divorced from my ex, because that was the right thing to do. I remember tha first night that John and I were intimate----it was INCREDIBLE, and so our relationship began, and I really felt what LOVE should feel like.

THEN, real life set in, and life's ups and downs started putting a strain on our relationship, so we broke up twice, and then finally in 2002, we got married. We have troubles in our marriage because he grew up in a house where there was no love or showings of love or affection. He is the "black sheep" of his family, and he has issues. I have issues to, due to the horrible abuse I suffered in my 1st marriage. So, right now we are struggling to get through our rough times, but are both hoping to achieve our goal of working everything out and being married for the rest of our lives to each other. Sometimes I wanna give up on him, but SOMETHING keeps me (and him) hanging on to this marriage.

That's my story
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Caligirl...Im so sorry your have having troubles in your marriage! I dont know how religious you are, but there is a little saying I like to live by....If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it! Just have faith!!

Quote Originally Posted by tootpla
    Caligirl...Im so sorry your have having troubles in your marriage! I dont know how religious you are, but there is a little saying I like to live by....If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it! Just have faith!!

Thank you!! Yes, I have strong religious beliefs, and belive that yes, there is something stronger than our troubles that is keeping us together. I think things will work out in the end
    ~*~Charlene~*~

You guys are so lucky to have a significant other. I on the other hand only had that once and it fell apart, but here's my story.

Her name was Deanna, and we met at a Gay and Lesbian support group on the west side. We hit if off right away and instantly started to date. We spent so much time together. She was wonderful, had a great sense of humor and was so beautiful. The last date we went on we went to a place near here that people call "Coventry" It's a street with all these awesome stores, and an area that seems to be very open to gay relationships. She bought me a whip, cause well we were kinky that way. THe next day though she called me and we broke up. I understand her reason for breaking up with me. You see, (Not that I cared) she was black. At the time my parents were just trying to accept the fact that I was gay, and now I was in an interacial relationship....it didn't sit well with them. They never said anything outright but the way they treated Deanna made it clear that they were uncomfortable and she was getting that vibe too, so she decided to end it. We stayed friends for a while, and then slowly drifted apart. I've seen her around the city a few times since, but she's always been in a relationship with someone and I know that I can't "Just be friends" with her cause I like her so much so we don't hang out. I wish I could have her back, I'd make things right. *Sigh*

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Well I met my now hubbyin 1994, after a fairly short but intense relationship with another bloke during which we bought a house. We split up and I kept thehouse(I paid the deposit) then I met my hubby.

He was 20 nearly 21 and I was 25, we got chatting and dancing at a local nightclub, we ended tghe night by him saying"in other words (I wont repeat it..............its very rude!!!!!!)

Anyway we gpt it togethjer and got married after 7 years, weve now been together 12 years and altho hes a complete freak who loves "the simpsons" xbox 360, ps2, foottball andanthing else computer game related or football related i love him, hes a nut but in a strangeway he keeps me sane.

He understands how I am, he hates dog poop(!!!!!!!!!!!!!) he texts me to say walk another waythere v* on the pavement, he comforts me when im stressed and lets me rant when I need to.

I think I prob need to clone him then I cd makes lots of money...............

Laney xxxxxx

Well I first saw him at a dance club and I was rude and ignored him, he
    tried to dance with me and asked for my number and I gave it but wasn't
    expecting anything. He called the next day to hang out. I told him I
    was at the pool. I was the only person at the pool, and i was tanning
    and reading my girly mag. He pulled up in his dirty white classic
    car(65 GTO) and asked me how to get in from the street. I kinda ignored
    him. Then I got up and opened the gate and still ignored him, laid down
    and kept reading. He had really short hair and a wife beater on, and
    these ugly baggy cut off shorts. I wasn't impressed. He looked like one
    of those gangster wanna be boys. He sat next to me and tried to talk to
    me. I sorta talked to him, and then he go in the water...He tried to
    get me into the water, and finally I did. But then he started acting
    like he wasn't interested, so I backed off and got out of the pool.
    Then he got out and went into the hot tub. Well I grabbed my towel and
    I was going to leave, and i said to him, do you want something to
    drink? We can go into my apt. and get something. He said yeah, and I
    dont really know why I invited him because I didnt like him that
    much..but he totally grew on me, and I was laying next to him on my
    bed, looking at ourselves in the mirror above the bed and he told me i
    had the most beautiful eyes, and i got really red and embarrassed. He
    grabbed my hand, and I knew right then, that i was going to marry him.
    I was so excited and nervous. Well we ended up watching Donnie Darko
    and talking all night. He fell asleep at like 5am and he kissed my
    cheek right before we went to sleep. It was so cute and romantic. After
    we woke up he kinda panic and was in a rush to leave. I walked him down
    to his car, and he told me to take my earring out, and he gave me his
    gold hoop earring and i gave him mine. It was so cute. And we have been
    together ever since, and its been like almost a year and a half. Sam is
    the hottest boy I have ever seen. And hes only 19, lol

[img]uploads/images/rubysoho120/49D_ha-1.jpg[/img]

I love Sam

Oh and I cannot wait for the day he asks me to marry him, and to have lots of babies with him..okay so maybe two, lol
    I love Sam

Hahahaha- Ruby, I love that picture of Sam.

Well, in August 2005 I was in a random chatroom, and of course someone asks where everyone is from. I mention that I am in Ottawa, and someone else says that he is inOttawa too. This was pretty strange, considering most people in chat were from the US or southern Ontario.

So, I added him to MSN, and we chatted for a few hours. I found out that he was from Ottawa, but was currently working as a nurse in California. He was in town visiting his family, but would be heading back to Cali in 2 and a half weeks. He asked me to meet him in the Market area the next day for ice cream and I figured sure, why not. I knew that he was only in town for a bit, and I figured we would just hang out, and if anything it would be a summer fling. At that point, I had just gotten out of a relationship, and just wanted to play the field for a bit.

Well, we met- I thought he was cute, but totally not my type. LOL- we got ice cream, but it was over 30C outside. I opted for a shake....but the boy got a cone, which turned into a melted mess down the front of his shirt- which, by the way, said "my mommy thinks I'm special". But, like I told him- he was like fungus, he just grew on me, lol. Instead of only spending a few hours together, we ended up spending almost 12. Then, the next day, we made plans to go up to a major park with a picnic lunch....and we rounded the day out with Dairy Queen. As we were waiting in line at DQ, he asks if he was the type of guy I would consider dating. I said of course- but that I wasn't all that enthused about a long distance relationship. Well- in the space of the two and a half weeks he was in Ottawa, he had found a job in a hospital here, had gave his notice to the hospital in California, and we were looking at apartments. (I kept my apartment at first- but made the 'final' move into his over the summer.)

A month later, he flew me down to Cali, and we packed up his stuff in a UHaul and drove from Fresno to Vancouver, and then Vancouver to Ottawa...a week and a half in the car, lol. At that point, I knew we would be together for awhile. If we could put up with that- we were solid.

Then a few months later I went to Tasmania for a conference, and ended up in and out of clinics there for a massive sunburn. I called him (with the 16hr time difference) to ask some medical questions, and he was really worried and concerned. He also couldn't call me while I was there because I was staying in a Hostel and was using my calling card to call him. When he picked me up at the airport in New York, he already had an appointment with a specialist in Ottawa set up- which is usually a 6 month wait.

The day after I got back, we had a nice dinner at home and celebrated our 6 month anniversary. He asked that night what I would say if he asked me to marry him- I said I would say yes......so since then, he has been saving and working with his friend to design the ring. We went last week to get the 'official' okay from dad- we waited a bit longer to show him that we were serious and not rushing into everything.

Apparently, this ring can be sprung on me at any moment. I thought it would be around Xmas......but now he is hinting that it could be sooner. LOL- he wants to go to a fancy dinner in the next few weeks, so I will be at attention.

We have already set a date- first weekend of August 2008....and are starting to compile our guest list....of about 350[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Damn....that was a friggen book, lol

*amber*

Glad to see Im not the only 2008 bride!!!!! It sucks that we have to wait so long but there is still so much to do!!

I met my current boyfriend at church, when we met we were going to rival high schools, but we had a common love for music. We both were in our high schools marching band so we had something to talk about. We were both leaders on a retreat and we met for the first time at one of the preparation meetings. The retreat turned out horrible with drugs smuggled in and a few other problems. On Saturday night all of the leadership team was in the hallsinging and preparing for the next day. Everyone left and my boyfriend was sitting on the couch, I went over to him and he said he had a huge stomachache because he ate too many gummy bears. I sat down and we started to talk. I didn't want to go back to the bunk because I was having a panic attack (I didn't know this at the time, but as I look back I know that is what it was) and talking was helping me cope. We talked from about 12:00am until around 3:30 which was actually 4:30 because we changed the clocks that night. After the retreat I saw him at church every once in a while, but not often. Then for the fourth of July we were both marching in the parade that we have in town. We had practice every day for two weeks and we got to know each other better. On the fourth of July he invited me to his house for a B.B.Q. I went to his house and met his family. I spent all day there and right before I went home he asked me out. We have been dating now for almost four and a half years.

This is a picture of us about a month ago at our favorite place to go walking to relieve stress.

[img]uploads/images/fvhsbl&#111;ndie/15A_9.jpg[/img]Edited by: fvhsblondie
    Looking in the past only gets you down, but looking into the future can give you wings.

In April 2001, my best friend had been living in her new apartment and I would go over there quite often. I thought she was so cool b/c she had her own place and I still lived with mom (we were only 22). She had this neighbor (a guy) aboutour age and they were really good friends. Well, this neighbor guy (Josh) had a single friend named Eric, whom both of them thought would be a good match for me. We apparently had a lot in common.

I was just coming out of a two-year relationship (my first love) and had just had my heart broken 3 months prior. I was not interested in dating Eric at all. But one night, I was hanging out at my best friend's apartment and he and Josh showed up. I took one look at my future husband and thought, "no way!" He was a biker dude with a tattoo, earring, goateeand long hair. What were they thinking trying to set us up??? I only liked "pretty boys!"

But the four of us went on a motorcycle ride that night (I was on the back of Eric's bike). Out of nowhere, I just felt warm and tingly, and just SAFE with this guy. I trusted him, even though we were strangers. Later on, the two of us went to drop off his bike and get his car and he kissed me. At first, I was taken aback. But, I agreed to see him again. Afteronly a week, I knew he was the One. I met his mom and saw how kindly he treated her. And my mom was terrified of him, so he shaved his face and took out his earring and cut his hair, just so she would like him. Wow. (She loves him now, by the way.)

Three months later, he proposed to me on a moonlit walk by the lake. We were married October 19, 2002. I love him very much, even though there are struggles. I only occasionally get butterflies, but the love I feel for him is more like a warm, cozy blanket wrapped around my heart. It is safe, comfortable and warm. Best friends. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Edited by: HDogg

my husband asked me to marry him when i was 9 months preggers and feet swollen...he really must of been blinded by love....i thought my water was going to break that day...lol
    This is Katsamsmom....and i am no longer able to access that account

Email me

I first met my fiance, Paul, when I was dating his best friend, S,12 years ago! Pretty much from the first time I saw him I fancied him, I know, bad of me since I was with his best buddy. Anyway to cut that long story short,S and I broke up but I stayed on friendly terms with his mates. I still fancied the knickers off Paul but knew too many people would get hurt if I ever said anything. Anyway Paul was living with somebody at the time (even thought they both disliked one another!).

Roll on a few years down the track and I've lost contact with S's friends for a couple of years. I'm now living with and engaged to a guy, but we bicker and argue all the time and I pretty much know the relationship isn't going anywhere. My then-fiance and I bump into a couple of my ex, S's, friends and they invite us totheir barbeque. We go along and Paul is there. Well, all the old feelings come rushing back! Paul is now single but I'm not! Anyway we end up going out quite a bit with these friends, including Paul, and havea weekend away as a group, when my feelings just grow and grow for Paul. To cut this episode of my life short (!) basically after a night out and us all being very drunk I manage to talk to Paul alone and admit my feelings for him, and how I've been crazy about him for years. Well he acted like a startled rabbit in headlights, and I thought OMG what have I done - he doesn't feel the same and is horrified. He pretty much made a rapid escape afterwards! I felt so upset, and guilty too, as I was still with my ex-fiance.

This brought things to a head and I knew I had to break things off with my ex-fiance (which was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do). I left things a couple of days but knew I had to try and sort things out with Paul too. I called round to see him and said, "About Saturday night..." He said "It's ok, you were drunk and I didn't really think you were serious." I said, "I was drunk, but I meant every word." He was gobsmacked again and said, "I'm sorry I acted the way I did, it's just you are with somebody and I like him, but I feel exactly the same and have been crackers about you for years." Well I was elated! After that I broke up with my ex and Paul andI have been together for six years, engaged for five. To think we both went for the first six years of knowing each other with these strong feelings for one another but kept totally quiet about it! And Paul says he would have never had the courage to say anything, so it's a good job I got drunk that night and spilled the beans!

My ex-fiance soon found happiness again and has been with his fiance for five years - we bump into each other in town quite often and are friendly. S, the ex-boyfriend who first introduced me to Paul is married to Paul's niece! - They have been together eight/nine years and have three kids. And Paul and I are so happy - for the first time in my life I know for sure I am with the man I want to grow old with!

So this is my story! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

My partner andI met 5 years ago. We were in college, and waiting in the hall for the first day of the Psych 2 class we both had. She says she saw my spiky blue hair and leather jacket and knewI was the one. She asked me for gum, and we started talking. She was married to a guy, so even though I was attracted, I didn't say anything. We had exchanged numbers in case I needed the notes, as my mom was due to have bypass surgery and I would miss a few days of class. WhenI got home from the hospital, there were several messages on my machine asking how I was. I called her back and we talked for 8 hours. After the next class, she asked me to go to Wal-Mart with her(romantic, I know). We ended up grabbing a bite to eat and just driving around most of the night. I finally just kissed her~oh, those lips. I fell head over heels for her. Two weeks later she filed for divorce and moved in. Her family pretty much disowned her...she said I was worth it. I gave up my love 'em and leave 'em ways and settled down...I say she's worth it. We had a committment ceremony on September 19, 2003~barefoot in the river. We recently bought a house andwe've got two amazing kids (we each gave birth to one) and we are talking about having another one in the next few years. We're your average political, punk, queer family. Love...it's a good thing.
    Be Here Now

I met Mike on match.com in August of 2005. He e-mailed me on there because I liked Lyle Lovett and did not like George W. Bush, so he knew we'd have something in common! We e-mailed for awhile, then talked on the phone and had our first date on Aug 15, 2005. (We went to Chili's.) We casually dated for awhile, but I was just coming out of a LONG and DYSFUNCTIONAL relationship and he was recently divorced, so we took it slow. I didn't really think he was "the one" at first, but he grew on me, because he was (is) the NICEST guy I know. He always does little things for me, and makes sure I am okay. He is awesome about my emet and all my anxieties. An example of his nice-ness: My dad lost his job yesterday and we are all having Thanksgiving at their house. I offered to shop and cook, and he decided that we would also BUY all the Thanksgiving groceries! He is just sweet like that. Anyway, he proposed on Aug 15, 2006 (Exactly one year from our first date) and we are getting married on 7-7-07. I couldn't be luckier! I love him! :-)
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Mary, I love your story!

.I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

well brandon and i actually met a little over 3 yrs ago actuallly at my work. i worked at the bank and he had an acct there. the more he came in the more we flirted and then he asked me out...and 3 yrs later here we are: engaged with a daughter!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Edited by: loveable101
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

OMG everyone's story is sooo cute. Call me corny but I was even teary-eyed with some of these

I love talking about my husband and my story!

I was a freshman in highschool and he was a junior when we first met. I was in this Spanish class and luckily it was cancelled for some reason. So half of the class went to one teacher and the other half went to Sna. Parra's class. I went to Sna. Parra's class and I did not like it, I felt uncomfortable in that class, this guy would always stare at me and he was always wearing sweat pants and a huge sweater. I thoought hewas a little creepy but he was cute.I think I even moved seats at one point.

Well one day I was walking in the quad area and that same guy that always stares at me was walking with his friends. He was in his football jersy and slacks. I remember looking right into his eyes as we walked past eachother. My heart felt like it was going to pop out of my chest. I felt that warm butterflies in the stomach feeling for the first time. Everytime after that I would love his stares in class and I would even look up and give that flirty smirk once in a while.

One day I got a letter from him and it had the cutest things written in it. He wanted to know if I liked him TOO! Too? I was so happy to read that! Of course I liked him, he was perfect. I had called him later that weekend and he called me back Sunday and asked what I had to say about the letter. I told him I would answer him after we left the haunted house. (This was all during October) In the haunted house I remember feeling safe in his arms. I was holding him from behind and he was holding hands on his chest. What? I was scared! Anyway when we left as I was getting into the car he gave me a goodbye hug and I whispered in his ear that I liked him too. I instantly felt his arms around me get tighter and he said thank you for making that the best nightof his life.

On October 26th, 2000 he asked me to be his girlfriend and ever since then we have loved eachother like everyday was our only day together. We were married on June 28th, 2004 and now we are expecting our twin babies!! I have spent 6 years of my life with the man of my dreams and I can't be more grateful than I am. He's beautiful!!

Thank you love!!
    ***Elvia***

Awwwwww, I'm a sucker for love stories!!!

Okay, here's mine.....I first got to know Jeremy when I was a senior in high school. Our drama class had an abundance of gals, but we were lacking when it came to guys. The drama teacher decided to recruit some men for us. One guy who came to her mind was Jeremy. He was 22 at the time and his younger sister (she was a junior then) was in the class and so Mrs. Diem asked her to ask him to help us out. He obliged and ended up getting the lead male part. Being the ham that I am, I got the female lead, so that meant that we would get to spend loads of time together. I was so freaking excited. And the fact that his character had the hots for mine made it that much better. We talked and laughed during rehearsal breaks and I flirted the best I could (which really isn't all that good). I didn't think I had a chance. Almost every girl in the class wanted this guy. After the play ended, I didn't see or speak to him for a couple of months. I figured it just wasn't meant to be. Then one day he calls me out of the blue. From then on it was a whirlwind romance. He ended up being my first andwithin about three months we were living together. Now it's almost nine years later and we're pregnant with our fourth little one. He's definitely "the one" for me. I can't imagine my life without him.

Well my story isn't very romantic but its a story nonetheless. I
    had been single for about 7 months when I came across an original
    profile on face-pic. Most profiles on that site are of topless
    guys or skanky girls but THIS guy had a picture of a mop and his
    hobbies included "telling the maid she missed a spot" and "accusing the
    maid of stealing." Seriously the funniest thing I had ever read
    in my life at that point. I sent him an email and we got to
    chatting online for a little while and sending emails back and forth
    for a few days. I had to drive to Montreal for 6 days shortly
    after we made contact but we kept in touch the whole time! He kept my
    amused with his "driving games" such as "pointing at minorities" and
    "blocking ambulances." Those things may not sound very nice and I
    agree, but in the context we were using it was overwhelmingly
    hilarious. He captured my heart almost right away and its been
    well over a year since. We plan on moving in together this summer
    but only if I can learn to pick up my socks apparently. We always
    have the best time together as we know exactly how to make each other
    laugh and that isnt easy considering our senses of humour.

I'm really happy to read all the other lovely stories, its nice to know
    that no matter what, even with our condition, we can still lead and
    enjoy life the way we were meant to, happy and in love.