Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Does anyone know of something that soothes a scratchy throat or a cough without it being medication? Oh yeah and no honey either

I feel lousy, it freakin' keeps me up at night! And I can't breath out of my left nostril!!! lol
    ***Elvia***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

get in a hot shower and let it get really steamy, or suck on a lemon that helps

I would normally recommendthe herbal supplement echinacea and theessentialoil eucalyptus, but since you are pregnant I won't as I am not sure whether they are safe to use during pregnancy. There are a few food stuffs you could use that help with colds like garlic andlemonand cooking with onions and leeks help too. Ginger is also good as it's another antiviral herb/spice - try drinking ginger tea it should help sooth your throat and combat inflammation of mucus membranes. And as we all probably know ginger helps with nausea too!

I know how miserable it is being kept awake at night with a cough. Whenever I get just the slightest cold it always effects my chest badly and I get a cough that drags on and on. Highering my pillow at night usually helps.

Also drink plenty of fluids and snack on things like kiwi fruit which are packed with vitamin C. Try and steer clear of mucus forming foods whilst you are bunged up, like bananas and too many dairy products like cheese.

I hope you feel better soon!Edited by: tcsarah
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

thanks guys, I'll try some of these
    ***Elvia***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

try Zicam it works wonders.. you take it nasally and its not a medicine or anything its vitamin zinc and others and it actually works i have been also taking airborne cuz everyone at work has a nasty bad cold with a horrible sore throat and fever and things .. i started to get a scratchy throat but then started taking this stuff like crazy and i feel fine now no more scratchy throat.. yay!

hope u feel better soon!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Halls throat lozanges! It's not necessarily medicine, and i even use them when I'm not sick (I get frequent sore throats, always have...). I usually take them once every two hours.