Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Hey!!! My name is Cally, I'm from Hong Kong, and I'm 13 yrs old...yes a bit young, but just old enough to join this forum My friend Jessica ( who also joined this forum o.o ) suggested that I had a phobia of this so I started looking up v* phobia on google and read how v* phobics act and nearly 90% of what i says is comepletely true

They say that emetophobia starts from bad experiences from childhood...and for me thats true. The experiences were not from ME v*ting, but other people. In Kindergarden this girl v*ed on my hard paper bag puppet and I hated her. A bit later, at first grade or second, my mom's friend's son came over and hev*ed on my lovely carpet. I hated him too. He alsov*ted on the plane and he was at the toilet (he was young so he was allowed; his mom had to help him) and the smell of it was terrible and it stank the whole toilet.

I think the incident that triggered my emetophobia was in Grade 4 when this girl had food poisioning and v*ed. Once again the smell was terrible, and on a Christmas show she was the lead character and she was the only one, no subs, so she had to play the role even though she had food poisioning. I heard the terrible sounds and groaning of her v*iting and it was terrible. Ever since I was horrified of v*, especially other people v*ing.

In Grade 6, I couldn't sleep for hours when I heard my mom v*ing. In Year 7 I saw this girl v*ing at a specific spot near a bus stop. Now, that I'm in Year 9, the thought still haunts me and I always take a peek just to check if anyone v*ted there again. In Year 8, this girl v*ed on my bus and I couldn't stop shivering for 15 minutes. I was really scared of ferries and when I see people holding up their v* bags as if they're about to v*. Once I nearly cried.

Sometimes whenever I see this person hunching over (as if they were V*ing) my heart would seem to have stopped for a sec, until I see if that person is really v*ing or just hunching over to tie shoelace etc.

I've read a few threads about some members, and HOW LONG it took for them to be cured. I don't want to miss so much in my life in the future, etc. boat rides to certain places, fairground rides. I want to get rid of this phobia A.S.A.P.

If anyone has any suggestions please tell me.

Hi, and welcome to the site!

On a side-note, you have really good English.

I wish there was a cure at the drop of a hat, but as you probably read, the cure is a long commitment that drains you psychologically. Just gotta have the courage to face that obstacle. It will be tough, no doubt, but the potential is there.

Hope you find what you're looking for. =)

<center>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </center>

Hi Cally,

I'm glad you're trying to find answers. That's the first step. This site has a LOT of good information and a lot of good people ready to help. In my opinion, I don't think this is something you can cure on your own. I've read so many self help books. They can help, but I don't think they can cure this. I would try to find a therapist that specializes in phobias. Keep looking until you find one that you like. I've been through 3 so far &amp; finally like the lady I'm seeing.

I also highly rec. reading through the Q &amp; A section that Sage &amp; Alvin put together. That seems to help a lot of people, including me. And, read Sage's story when you get a chance. She's been cured of this - so it is possible!

Good luck &amp; glad you're here.

- Susan
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

THANKS GUYs for the advice

Welcome! I'm only fifteen so it's nice to have people closer to my age! I'm glad you've found out what you're suffering is a phobia- that's one step closer to getting better. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

hey! I'm also 15 [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I also feel that my emetophobia came on from seeing other people v*.

So does that mean I'm the youngest here?? O.o