Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: wierd dream

i dreamt that i went to see my therapist for the first time and he was doing really wierd treatments like putting a dead pig in front of me covered in jam and mayonaise...he cudnt understnd wen i started crying and sayin i cant stand animal cruelty...then i realised i was actually in a skool and all these little kids were laughing at me through a hatch in the wall...

any ideas wot that one means? i am waiting for an appointment with a therapist to come thru which i am excited about rather than scared...

hmmm I'm not very good at enterpriting dreams but it seems your quite scared of whats going to happen to you when you do see this therepist. I can tell you its not that bad. I've been to 2 sessions and the first is quite intense but after that it gets better. Good luck with it. I havent seen you on here before. hi!

hi...i did post a little bit before but only a couple of times..thing is i am so relieved/excited/happy about gettin this sorted that nerves/fear havent crossed my mind...unless its an unconsious thing

hmm it might be a subcontious thing. Its great to know that things are going to get better. I've had this for my whole life and its nice to know i'm on the way to beginning my life properly!

Missg,

Your dream is probably just a subconscious anxiety about your first therapy appointment coming out. Don't worry!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

you may be scared of your upcoming appointment. when i first had my appointment with my counselor i had a dream about it & the day of it he looked almost exactly what i pictured he would look like.
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

well if it is its damn stupid because consiously im dead excited about it...my subcoscious is silly lol

in your dream, he might represent the problem you're going to be talking about...rather than the person. Your subconscious may be silly, but it's still yours![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I got really scared about seeing my therapist the first time but it wasn't half as bad as i thought it would be