Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi Guys i don't know if u can help but i've got to take my anti-depressent tonite and i'm just getting scared already.I took my first anti-depressent about 3yrs ago called seroxat(i think thats how u spell it) and i just felt ill the whole time,only took it once as i was convinced it was the tablet making me feel ill but it could have been aniexty.....I've asked my doctor for this new tablet called mirtazapine which is suppose to have no side affects of nausea or v***ting....I looked it up on about 30 different sites and all of them say the same......But i just keep on remembering what happened when i took my last lot......I'm scared as i know this is my last resort to getting better as i have tried everything else and as i am agrophobic and have been trapped in my homefor 18mths,i just want some of my freedom back as before.......PLease HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Even if it's reassurance,Thanks guys take care vicky xxx Sorry about the spelling

Awww, I am sorry you are so scared. Maybe this will help. I was terrified of taking some Prevacid I was prescribed for stomach problems. After taking the first pill, I got sweaty and light-headed. It went away after about 15 minutes so I knew it was anxiety. About 5 days later the pill did make me have stomach pains, so I stopped taking it. But it didn't make me v*. You probably won't, either. That is a rare side effect of most drugs.

It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

I have good news for ya!!

mirtazapine or Zispin as its sometimes called, is really good!! So many people i know who have tried many drugs and havent agreed with them (myself included) have taken this and said it is wonderful. And i normally hate drugs, i took a low dose for 3 months then came off them again, and no point did i get a side effects.

The people i know who took it all said the same, they tried other drugs and had horrible horrible times and then they didnt with Zispin. The reason it isnt prescribed first is that it is more expensive than other drugs.

What i would say is this, have some anti nausea medicine just to make you feel safer,start on a very low dose, and try not to over think it cos you will feel side effects that arent even there.

I feel for you i truely do because i was agorpahobic also and had so many anti depressant problems. Feel free to PM me any time and let me know how you do

Good Luck

x
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

thanks louise,everyone i speak to has said the same and that does make things a little easier......It's great to have someone understand how u feel.My mother and i have fallen out and i normally turn to her for reassurance and even thou she's a great mother i still feel no one understands it and feels it like another emetophobic......Thanks again vicky

Hey anytime!! i know i cant reassure you enough or make any promises. And i know you will still panic taking it, but i have been through all the same and if this pill works, then it is so worth it.

Trust me when i tell you i am not saying stuff to make you feel better, if i think a drug sucks i will tell you. But this has worked for so many i know.

Like i say, good luck. I hope things start to get better

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Just think positive and tell yourself its fine and you should be okay. Mind over matter.
    We\'ll beat this!