Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hypnotherapy!

Well today I met the woman who is going to be my hypnotherapist! I had a thirty minuteinitial meeting with her andI've told her how bad I've been feeling lately. She asked if I had any phobias and I told her straight away. She's very friendly and has been doing this for twenty-two years, so I hope she is going to be a good choice. My first proper session is on Thursday, wish me luck! Perhaps this is the beginning of something great? *fingers crossed*

let us know how it goes
    This is Katsamsmom....and i am no longer able to access that account
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email me

Hi there!!

I've always been intrigued by Hypnotherapy--keep us updated on your progress!!
    It's also good you found someone that you "click" with and your comfortable with. I think that's one of the most important things when finding a therapist---god knows I've had some bad ones!!
    Good luck to you!!

YES, please keep us posted. I am wanting to do something like this. I yearn to be one of those brave people who can sit beside someone as they puke in a bucket or toilet and rub their back cuz, right now, I WILL run away and leave the poor soul hanging.

Good for you! I've been hypnotized several times - but never for emet reasons. At minimum, you'll enjoy how relaxed you can get. At best - you'll be writing how wonderful it worked. I'm hoping for the latter.

The mind is incredibley powerful. You have to be very comfortable with your therapist for it to have the best result. I've gone through course work to become a certified hypnotist & I admit I still had my doubts as to whether or not I was truely hypnotized because I felt like I was just sitting there with my eyes closed. The hypnotist gave us the suggestion (this was a group of about 10 of us) to think about the saddest thing we've ever experienced. Immediately, I was bawling - not crying a little tear - but actually sobbing. And, just as quick he told us to think of the most serene place we've been. I shut off the crying just that quick.

My other experience with hypnosis is with a friend who is a profession comedic/hypnotist. Unfortunately, about 10 years ago he was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. He went through chemo & never lost his hair. His endocrinologist said that he's only had 5 people never lose their hair. Four of the five were hypnotist.

I beleive in hypnosis. It's helped me with quite a few other things, but I haven't given it a shot for my emet specifically. I have used it for general relaxation. It's something that you really have to believe & stick with. Good luck!

Susan
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

GOOD LUCK !!! i truly hope this is the start of something good for you.keep us posted , best wishes.

Hi everyone! Well I haven't had much time to myself lately (lots of work for university, no fun) but I've managed to find afew minutes to write on here. I've had two hypnotherapy sessions so far and it's very hard to describe how it feels! It's a bitlike being asleep, butat the same timeaware of everything?!Well, that's how it feels to me! Today's session was even better than the first, it's so very relaxing. She also recorded the two sessions so I can listen to them every evening and learn how to relax. I've noticed that, although still feeling anxious in certain situations, I seem to be able to fight it off now, rather than ending up crying or freaking out. Perhaps this is thanks to the hypnotherapy? Who knows, but it's good to be able to relax!

I am getting hypnotized tomorrow at 11:30.

I will let you all know how it goes...

How was it, Kasey?

you know, I had someone hypnotise me before but I don't think it worked. what are the hypnosis sessions like? do you feel like anything? I feel like I am just lying there with my eyes closed that's all. oh well. maybe you need to be a certain kind of person....

I didn't go...

I had my first therapy session and he told me to NOT do hypnosis...He said that it would interfere with our CBT...So I cancelled. He told me that I can always try hypnosis but not while I am working with him.

I obeyed Doc's orders.

Quote Originally Posted by qpaulina42
    you know, I had someone hypnotise me before but I don't think it worked. what are the hypnosis sessions like? do you feel like anything? I feel like I am just lying there with my eyes closed that's all. oh well. maybe you need to be a certain kind of person....

I went for a year and i was like you. I'd lie there thinking i hope my tummy doesn't rumble or i hope i don't sneeze and i just wished i could sit up and talk instead of lying down. I could feel no difference by lying down with my eyes closed.

I went to a hypnotherapist for a while but it was to do with needles, it helped alot, even just the relaxation techniques they teach you. I now have 8 hypnotherapy cds that i do at home, normally before i go to sleep. They really help me to relax. I'm very good with needles now also (i used one of the hypnotherapy cd's for needles too) and now i can look at pictures of people getting needles and i can think about it without any anxiety at all. Anyways, i hope it works for you too. I'm too scared to try my cd with emets because you have to concentrate on it and it can be a bit distressing. Hopefully i'll try it one day.

Katie