Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello my name is Amanda..I live in central Pa...Ever since i was little ive had this fear of vomiting..It was only recently that i discovered that im not crazy and there is an actual phobia for this fear...Im not sure what triggered my fear, my mom thinks that it stems back to when she was pregnant with my sister, she was v* and she thinks i got really scared and didnt know what was wrong with my mom.

This fear consumes me everyday..I have a 15 month old son who has v* only 3 times in his life. All were episodes of i dunno what...This fear has also made me have ocd..i clean all the time...ive taken off work to clean sometimes...Ive been to psychologists and taking zoloft right now...But i dont seem to find anything thats helping...

This past week was the week from hell...My husband wakes up in the middle of the night outta the blue says he had real bad heartburn and diarehha, next thing i know he's fine, then wakes up and v* all over the floor..I ended up having to clean it up all before work. My son has woken up while im cleaning and freaking out..It was awful.. Then my husband seemed to be fine all day except he had diarehha all day...When i came home from work i had to disenfect everything, wash everything and basically stay away from him. I wouldnt even let me son near him...I was soo scared i had anxiety attack after anxiety attack..That night though he was able to eat and i was strong enough to sleep in bed with him..I was really proud of myself for that..

The next day my son gets two shots at the dr's DPT and Prevnar..He was fine at the drs we get home and he starts getting sick everywhere..At this point im outta control, my mom is there trying to help like always..But my mom and my husband have a tendancy of saying to me Amanda you need to get over this, you have to take care of your son, you cant scare him, you wouldnt want him to have this phobia...So of course they dont understand at all what its like and that makes me even more scared..So to end the story, my son v* acouple more times then went to sleep...He woke up at 3 am and was fine..Didnt get sick anymore the next day either...Yesterday which was monday, he first got sick on thursday night...I picked him up from my babysitters and she said he v* again after eating breakfast...At this point i was like, ok what the heck is going on...Yesterday was also my birthday so this ruined my whole night...That night then my son was fine..Tonight he was fine until he started to get tired, then after i gave him his bath he starting gagging and v* up phlem...Up to this point i wasnt sure if he did have the sv* or not..My mom keeps trying to re-assure me that it could be his molars coming in..but im not sure..He hasnt slept well in weeks..His appetite is down and pretty much everytime he starts crying or acting like he did that thursday night i panic...

Im really at my witts end with this, im soo sick of it consuming my life, its all i ever think about..I think it was 3 years since i last v*...And i remember it all like it was yesterday...But everyday i worry omg is my son gonna get sick at the sitters, or is one of my sitters kids sick..This morning i swore the one was...Turned out she wasnt thank god...It was just me over-reacting...

My mom is my sole supported on this, everytime i get scared or panic my mom is there, or im calling her...Its like i need her to re-assure me that i will be ok, or the sick person in my family will be ok...But i think my mom is getting sick of talking to me about it..I can just tell how she acts..

Im now considering hypnosis...I feel thats my only option to overcoming this fear.

If there is anyone out there, that has advice for me, im all ears..

Thanks and hope to hear from someone soon..

Amanda Moore

Firstly, welcome to the site. I hope you are able to find the support that you need here.

Wow.. It seems as though you have gone through tough times lately. How is your son now?

I don't know what to tell ya. My mom and everyone else is really sick of hearing about it, too. I have found that the site has helped a little because I am able to come on here and talk about stuff that way my friends and family don't have to hear about it so much. I hope you are able to find the same relief from the site.

\"This too shall pass\"

Hi Amanda!

Welcome to the site----there's alot of reassurance and advice on here, and alot of great people willing to help you through just about anything. I know I feel much better about things after being on here, and it's great to talk to people who are like me.

I'm a mom too, and I know how hard it is when our kids get ill. I wish I could hibernate somewhere during school season! I wish I had some wonderful advice for you, but truthfully I am still struggling with it myself. Have you checked out the Treatments forum on here? There's alot of great info and help on there---definitely worth checking out.

I'm so sorry your family isn't more supportive! My mom's okay to an extent, but still dismisses me like I'm acting like a child or just don't want to bothered when my son is v*ing. My husband is a total jerk, but he's never been supportive of anything I do so no surprise there!!

Well, you're definitely in the right place here, and we're all here for you!!

Welcome, Amanda![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I'm a mom, too, so I know what you are going through.

Welcome hon! I just wanted to tell you I know EXACTLY how you feel! My daughter will be 12 month old tomorrow, and she has v*d three times as well...I also ALWAYS worry abou her getting sick! *HUGS*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome Amanda! My fear also consumes medaily regarding my dtr, who's sick in her class, etc. It's nice to know people are right there with you and experience the same anxiety. My emet fear is of others v*ing.

A lot of people who are parents here say that if their kids get sick with something that it makes their stomach's really sensitive for a little while afterwards and they have been known to V* 3 or 4 days later for no apparant reason. It could be any reason causing him to V*. You are doing so so well. Btw I know your husband may have been sick, but omg how harsh having you clean up the V*. You are such a brave woman!!!!
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.