Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So last month I missed my period, and tonight I started a little bit, been getting cramps ect, but it was just brown :S

Now its trying to come out but its clotting pretty bad, and im TOTALLY freaked out by this!

Ive never had it start at night before, or clot really, it usually just well is my period, has anyone had any experience with this or is there something wrong with me?

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi there!!

I had something similar a few months back when I decided to take the Pill back to back to prevent my period. When I finally got it it lasted over 2 weeks and was heavy and disgusting. Yuck!! I don't want to give out TMI but the clots were huge!! I ended up going to my Gynecologist and he said it was "normal". If it happened month after month he told me to go back in. He also told me to take Advil or any kind of ibuprofen because it helps the bleeding and clotting stop.
    Do you have bad cramping as well?? You're probably having such an unusual period because you skipped last month---that's what happened to me, and I ended up having really heavy clotting which is unusual for me.
    I would say you're probably fine, but just to ease your mind you may want to give your doctor a call and get a check up. I know it's kind of scary to have a period like that, and I felt much better when my Dr. told me everything was okay. Plus it never hurts to make sure everything is okay!!
    Hope this helps!!Edited by: christianne

Hey hun,

Well its only a few hours in since its started and I havent had many cramps at all and nothing that has been sore, its very weird..

Ive skipped them before and had nothing like this!

I actually cant take anything apart from very light painkillers as my stomach doesnt really like them unfortuently..

Im worried il get that toxic shock thing and end up v* or something will go wrong

Thank you for letting me know this has happined to you to and you were fine hun!

x

Hi again!!

I had little or no cramping that time too, which is strange because I usually always have light cramping.
    Toxic shock is VERY rare, and usually when it does happen during a period it's when someone leaves a tampon in for a extremely long period of time, so I don't think you have to be worried about that. I know I was concerned when I first started using them, but hell....now I leave them in overnight and don't give TSS a second thought!
    God, I hate periods!! I think in the meantime try not to do anything too strenuous and relax. Try to stay off your feet as much as possible and drink alot of water (no caffiene, makes bleeding worse!). Have you tried taking Advil with food? Usually that helps stave off any tummy discomfort some people get with it.
    I wish I had better advice!! I was miserable when mine was like that. Edited by: christianne

That's happened to me. Sometimes it's brown at first or on the last few days. That's just what partially dried blood looks like. I also usually get very big clots, so I'm kind of used to it.
    I'd say wait a couple days and see if it starts to get a little more heavy. If it doesn't become more normal then you can start to worry.

Unless you're wearing tampons you won't get toxic shock syndrome, so if you're concerned don't use tampons for tonight.

Edited by: chicajojobe

Hey guys,

thankx for your replys..

Sorry if it sounds mad of me, just never had large clots before, had a few when I was younger but this is a first for me..

I dont use tampons, to scared of that so pads it is for me..

Thankx chicajojobe for letting me know you have to, I just always see the brown with the end not the start you know!