Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was having dinner with my family earlier and my sister was eating shrimp and I thought to myself ewwww! It looked nasty! Anyway she stuffed a shrimp in her mouth and it must have grossed her out because she started gagging. By that time I would have already been up from my chair and walking away. Well, I stayed in my chair and I did look away for a second and then just tuned around and faced my little sister as she v* a little on the table. I did have my usual feeling of nervousness but it didn't get to me like other times. I just took a deep breath and I was not shaky anymore. I usually get scared of getting close to someone who v*,but I put my sister on my lap and asked her if she was fine I feel so great that I was able to deal with it in a sort of non emet way!!!! Even my anutie said that I had a good reaction to the situation!!

Woo hoo for me!!
    ***Elvia***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yeah!!! good for you. you did good

Hi there!!

Wow--you did absolutely great! I would have bolted out of the room, shaking and panicking. And even comforting her afterwards like that........very well done!!
    You should be proud of yourself! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

oh that is wonderful for you! be proud of yourself!!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

OMG GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Shrimp would make me gag just by looking at it...yuck!!! I hope she is ok now! I hope YOU are ok....good for you!!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

lol i am not laughing at your situation just laughing because this happened to me too when my husband (fiance at the time) first met my parents. My step sisters came over with my neices and one of them had a bad cough and anyways she choked while coughing on her milk and v* a lil on the table and at the time i didnt freak out i was just kind of like uhh.. lol soo this is my niece and my family .. it just figured that that would happen, it was just my luck...

so this reminded me of a firmiliar situation.. but great job handling it!!!!

good for you!

\"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

thats really great, you did so good!