Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Can someone answer some questions for me about this? We had a storm last week, and some parts of the county were without power for a couple of days (us included.) Everything is back to normal now, but I'm scared that some of the stuff in the grocery stores might be off. I don't know how they handle these things. I read of one stores getting refrigerator trucks out and that's how they saved most of their stock, but I don't know if all the stores did this. What if they missed some stuff, or neglected to throw out some stuff that should have been?
    I have to shop for stuff for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, not turkey, b/c my MIL is doing that, and has one already, but I have to get some dairy products, eggs, and some frozen stuff like vegetables and maybe some pies, but I'm starting to panic.
    I have already shopped since the storm, since I had to throw away pretty much everything in the 'fridge and freezer, and so far (knock on wood) everyone here has been fine since eating the stuff I bought.
    I am trying to be rational, and trust that the grocery store handled things properly, but my anxiety is starting to get the better of me!

I am sure you can feel if dairy products and eggs are ok. Now what
    concerns frozen vegetables, I am not sure because I do not eat those.
    But maybe there's some kind of smell or something? I know that
    sometimes those frozen meals become binded to each other, well you know
    the whole thing becomes as one and not in small parts as it supposed to
    be.

Anyway, I am sure you'll be fine.

You only live once

most grocery stores have back up generators.....i bet everything is ok.
    This is Katsamsmom....and i am no longer able to access that account
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email me

Yeah I get the same way when this happens...but im sure they have to
    have back up generators for big chain grocery stores, because it
    wouldnt be worth the risk to them to have sick customers, who sue the
    hell out of them right??? But I know how you feel and it is easier said
    than done.
    I love Sam