Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Riddle me this, Batman..... [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Ponder this if you will because I am strating to wonder if this is the case. I have been successful for a long long time in not v* and have had my share of sv* especialy having kids and a wife that is a school teacher (aak! I'm surrounded)![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Let me give my "case study "facts"........

If my kids or my wife get the sv* with v*, they are generally ill for about 12 hours symptomatically and are pretty much well the next day for the most part.

When it passes to me (I am usually the last one to be hit) I have about a 12 hour struggle to resit v* and have heavy d*. After about 12 hour I will run a high fever (about 101-102) and will ache all over...a very painful ache too!

Within about 4 hours the fever will break..leaving me in a pool of sweat and every symptom is gone in an instant.

Could it be that by keeping the toxin in my body "longer" that my body has an alternative method of cure AND by keeping the toxins in my body longer I build a stonger deffense?

Generally I get hit with real sv* once every 2-3 years but have been v* free so far for more than 2 decades. I know full well that I can not go the rest of my life without facing the V* demon![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

Did any of that make sense?

it does make sence but i dont have an answer to the question .. apart from your a very strong person !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't know. Your body fights off the virus the same way whether or not you v*.

V*ing isn't a sv cure. It's a reaction in the vomiting center of the brain from irritation in your stomach, and the massive immune response which is launched to fight off the infection.

So whether or not you v* it's the immune system which finally kicks the virus. Now, whether maybe your immune system builds a stronger defense if you don't v*, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by chicajojobe
    I don't know. Your body fights off the virus the same way whether or not you v*.

V*ing isn't a sv cure. It's a reaction in the vomiting center of the brain from irritation in your stomach, and the massive immune response which is launched to fight off the infection.

So whether or not you v* it's the immune system which finally kicks the virus. Now, whether maybe your immune system builds a stronger defense if you don't v*, I don't know.

I never thought of it that way! Thanks for the input!