Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For anyone who hasn't seen the clip a thousand times, Clay Aikan was co-hosting LIVE with Kelly Rippa & he put his hand over her mouth. She shoved it away & made the comment that she didn't know where his hand had been. The next day, Rosie O'Donnell made it into a gay issue and attack. In her opinion, Kelly Rippa was being homophobic.

I guess I don't see that at all. My first thought was OMG HE TOUCHED HER FACE - DOESN'T HE KNOW THAT SHE COULD GET SICK??!! YUUUUCCCCCK!

In my opinion - Rosie was WAY off! And, in the mean time Rosie "outted" Clay. That was really uncalled for until HE is ready to do that. BTW - he just says "It's nobody's business".
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

I thought Rosie was way out of line. I don't blame Kelly Rippa for doing that.I believe it has nothing to do with any gay issue. Come on. I hate when people do that!!!

In the wake of the Michale Richards and Mel Gibson debates, I think this is a clear case of hygine and not a homophobic debate as Rosie has made it. God bless you Rossie, but you are way off base here.

I hardly let my own children put their hands anywhere near my mouth, why would I let a non family member do it. Hell, I don't put my own hands to my mouth hardly! LOL!

I haven't really heard anything about this and I don't know the details. But If she has just outted Clay then I'm not impressed. I believe that it is important to be true and honest about who you are in life. But I also think it is an individual choice on who you tell and what you tell them. If Rosie has done that then I think she has no business.

Also I think it's a pretty standard joke to say "I don't know where it's been" People say that all the time. I've never heard it being used as a homophobic thing or to some degree even a hygiene thing.

I wonder how Rosie would have liked it if someone outted her so early in her career?

Reading the story it appears that Rosie suggests that Kelly never would have said it to a straight guy. I believe she probably would have lol I don't know where being a homophobe comes into that.

Edited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I agree. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that Rosie had to make this an issue over Clay's sexual preference. It is way out of line and completely disrespectful to both Kelly & Clay. And who knows...maybe Kelly is a total germophobe and gets really freaked out. I would freak out...especially sinceClay shook hands with people in the audience before he put his hand on her mouth. And it's in NYC, where the majority of those people probably took the subway to the show where they had to hold on to the gritty subway handles. Living in NYC myself, I have found many creative ways to avoid subway germs, but I'm assuming most people don't go through the trouble. She was totally right.

Yeah, I agree it's a bit of a stretch to assume that she did that because of a gay issue. More like she didn't want someone's germy hand over her mouth.

Unless Kelly specifically said something about it having to do with him being gay. And, hippychick</span>, you made a good point that by doing this Rosie kind of outed him since, eventhough a lot of people suspect it, he doesn't really talk that much about being gay.

Plus I don't know if Kelly is a bitch or Clay was wrong or whatever, it just isn't a gay issue. It *is* some kind of issue obviously but I don't see the connection of it being a gay one.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I watched a video in which Kelly responded over the phone to Rosie on The View, and she said it was a issue of germs, and feeling disrespected by him putting his hand over her mouth. Which also makes sense, it is kind of an invasion of personal space.

Hi there!!

I would've reacted the same way as Kelly if someone I barely know put their dirty hands over my mouth. I would've been really ticked off! Sorry Clay, but you were just plain rude and out of line. You just don't go around touching people like that!

And Rosie needs to lighten up a bit. I'm sure the majority of people would not have appreciated having someone put their hands on them like Clay did.

On a side note, I really cannot stand Kelly OR Rosie. And those new annoying Tide To Go commercials Kelly has........ugh!! I have to turn them off!!

oh yes i heard about this..i believe rosie was completely out of line. for one, yes i dont think he ever really talks about being gay..so her bringing that issue into this was ridiculous. for two, kelly specifically said "Aiken's actions were disrespectful and unprofessional -- and that he was spreading germs, since he'd just shaken hands with a lot of audience members". which i think we all agree with 100%. aiken was acting very immature by doing that, but at the same time rosie did not have to make a big issue, a bigger issue!! it only makes her look stupid! its too bad to, because i use to really enjoy her and now i am just getting annoyed with her! [img]smileys/smilies_40.gif[/img]Edited by: loveable101
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

My oldest sister is gay. I ought to get her opinion as to how that would even be a "gay" issue. I don't think Rosie does a very good job representing the gay society. Too bad she has the biggest mouth.

I used to really enjoy her before she became the end all of opinions. Don't get me wrong - I appreciate differing opinions - as long as they are intelligent, educated opinions &amp; you allow others to have their own.
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

i hate rosie o donnell, shes a loud mouth and we are even on the same team if u catch my drift

she hangs around etheridge(who i love) and ellen(also love) and its sad cause i used to like her when she did a league of their own and had her talk show

i started to dislike her when that whole tom selleck thing happened..not that i believe in guns but he made an awesome point with her doing ads for kmart and them bing like the us's largest manufacturer of guns..she didnt concede his point and i guess i found her hypocritical

she's from long island(like me) and she just reminds me of all the loud mouth ignorant idiots that live here

but she has done good things for tha gay community and i have to applaud that

but outing clay aiken is kinda crappy....

I didn't even know anything about this! Yuck! I wouldn't want anyone's hands on my mouth!! I seriously don't think it was a gay issue! She would have said it if it were REGIS! DUH!! Rosie can shut the h*ll up....she's just looking for media attention and it's none of her damn business if Clay is gay or not! WHO CARES???? I don't give to s***s if someone is gay!! Gays and lesbians are people too and if they want to be gay, FINE! It doesn't affect my life any!! I have a gay male friend who is totally "femmy" and he is hystarical! I love gay men! They are fun!! I have a friend who's a lesbian and I don't even remember half the time cause she is "normal"......Rosie needs to shut her big fat mouth..I can't stand her....and I agree with the Tide to go commercials...I hate them too! LOL Oh well, at least KElly is better than KATHY LEE!!! OH GOD I HATE HER!! LMAO
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

I just have a problem with her labelling it homophobic, I'm gay and I don't see how that comment can in anyway be seen as homophobic! Maybe she's making a big deal of it or mybe she isn't but certainly not because she thinks Clay is gay.

Kelly said herself, she has 3 kids and doesn't need to bring home any more germs. Her husband MArk IS a germaphobe, so I am sure some of it has rubbed off on her. I don't blame her. When my kids or husband touch me with dirty hands I tell them I don't know where their hands have been, either. People say that ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!! It has nothing to do with being GAY, for crying out loud!! Rosie just wants to cause trouble and get attention, it's ridiculous.

Here's Kelly's response to Rosie: Ripa was quickly patched in by phone to address O'Donnell's accusations. "He reached across and covered my mouth with his hand," Ripa said. "I have three kids [and] he's shaking hands with everybody in the audience. It's cold and flu season. That's what I meant, and to imply that it's homophobic is outrageous, Rosie. And you know better. You should be more responsible."

LMAO! Wow, the things people will say and do for attention. My friend told me about this yesterday. If her hubby is a germ phobe she is doing what all of us wish and appreciate when our significant others do ... that is respect the fear and not make it worse. No doubt he sees the show maybe he wouldn't wanna kiss her or would worry like we would. Even if its not a germ issue thats RUDE thats HER show and he is a GUEST host. Jerk! lol I don't know exactly how she's acting homophobic but I guess if you want enough publicity you can make it anything you want. Isn't OJ's book enough peopel? C'mon!

Oh and I can't stand Kelly or Clay (sorry I liked Ruben better lol) and Rosie I used to like but she's getting wacky like Tom Cruise man lol. Oh well, not the point. I hope this one blows over. OH and I just did see the Kramer thing, good grief! What happened to the good old days w/ the gentlemen and ladies of Hollywood!? Bring me back Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant man.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Rosie is just an idiot. I can't stand that SHE had to step in and say something about it. I'm sure SHE woluldn't appreciate having her mouth covered by someone's un clean hand. Sheesh....

I think Rosie should lighten up on the "gay victim" thing. (And, no that isn't a comment about her weight either [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]) I see my sister struggle with enough "real" discrimination. I don't think she needs to seek it out where there is none. She's not doing anyone any favors by acting like this! That makes me mad! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]Edited by: turtleiam

I can't stand Rosie. She is a big mouth and starts trouble everywhere she opens her pie hole. I've stopped watching the view because she never lets anyone else talk and I can't stand listening to her. They made a big mistake with replacing Star with her. She's a waste of good co-host space. She makes a gay issue out of everything. She thinks everyone who is not gay is homophobic. Ugh, I wish she would get off the TV screen for good.

And... If that were me next toClay instead of Kelly Rippa I would have knocked him right off his chair if he ever put his hand over my mouth.

I never had much respect for Rosie. Now I just have another reason to think she's annoying.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I agree with the "gay victim" thing too...she needs to shut up...I have never ever watched the view so I didn't even know that she was on it but I will FOR SURE not watch it now!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

I don't want to get political or start any kind of fight, but in a country where the politics right now are actively against gay people and very damaging I should think Rosie would have more to worry about than whether a flippant remark can maybe possibly be homophobic. It's a bit of a stretch really to say that.

i saw this on E news yesterday.. at first i was like.. wow Kelly Rippa is being such a snob.. but then thinking back on it if i was in that situation and someone i didnt know that well covered my mouth with thier hands i would not only be afraid of germs BUT that was actually REALLY RUDE! funny or not.. it was rude and i would be totally mad if someone did that to me.

AND not only this but Clay Aiken has never "came out" as being gay so where doesRosie get this assumption. Its dangerous to make assumptions.. as we have seen in this case...

\"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Meh, if there are two people I could care less about, it would be Kelly Ripa and Clay Aiken. This whole situation to me is actually so funny because it's becoming such a massive deal.

I can see both sides. Honestly- if I was onstage with her and couldn't get a word in when I was supposed to be the co-host, I would want to shut her up too. It's about time someone did it! I can also say that her saying that was a no-no was appropriate- but her going on to say that she didn't know where his hand has been in that context was damned snarky for a woman who wants to portray herself as the mom she wants everyone to relate to. Have fun backtracking over that one skeletor, especially since her and Clay's fanbase overlaps!

As for her being pissed over him putting his hand over her mouth- I probably wouldn't be that thrilled to be in the same room as Clay Aiken, let alone have hissweaty palmanywhere near me.

In regards tothe Rosie thing- meh. Not really news as far as I'm concerned. I go through my love-hate cycles with Rosie. Sometimes she annoys the crap out of me, sometimes she burns someone so bad I have to appreciate it. In this case, it is the former.

The Clay Aiken gay thing, to me, is also kind of a fun experiment to watch. Kinda like Star Jones and her not admitting to a gastric bypass. It's just something we all know, but people are instructed not to talk about.

Hollyweird- where everyone takes themselves so damned seriously.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hahaha- HILARIOUS!

I rarely watch any entertainment shows, but its midnight here, and all that is on is Entertainment Tonight and South Park- and I had already seen that episode today.

Anyway- they have a clip that shows Kelly Ripa doing the EXACT same thing she is pissed at Clay for doing to Regis.

So, if someone puts their hand on her mouth, its rude and inconsiderate.....but she can do it to others? Wow, the smell of hypocrisy lingers.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by turtleiam

"It's nobody's business".

Haha, I think that pretty much says it all. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]I think he would have just probably said "I'm not gay!" if that was the case. Anyway, what Rosie said was ridiculous. I can't stand her!! Just because she is comfortable with being gay doesn't mean everyone else is and she can say what she wants. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [/rant]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

whether clay is gay or not...is does not matter. Kelli talks to much with her hands and was practically waving her hands in his face. i can see where he was coming from. and i can see where she is coming from about having someones dirty hands on my mouth. Mrs diva rosie needs to shut her pie hole and not think that just because a straight person does something to a gay person.....it is not in predjudice.
    This is Katsamsmom....and i am no longer able to access that account

Email me

Kelly and Rosie are both phoney morons, can't stand either of them.

But I DO have to say I agree with Rosie, if it was some gorgeous hunk she probably would have started kissing his hand.